The holidays are approaching! It is time again to plan the next winter holidays and many of us find ourselves having to decide where to celebrate the arrival of the new year. Don't know where to go?
Here are some ideas for an unforgettable New Year: the perfect destinations for young people looking for crazy fun, those for couples looking for romance and for families looking for family-friendly parties and events.
Let's find out what they are the most suitable European cities and capitals for New Year's Eve!
- Rome: Happy New Year!
- Amsterdam: Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
- Berlin: Prosit Neujahr!
- Paris: Bonne Année!
- Budapest: Boldog új évet!
- Brussels: Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
- Prague: Šťastný Nový Rok!
- Madrid: Feliz Año Nuevo!
- London: Happy New Year!
- Dublin: Happy New Year!
- Other ideas and low cost destinations to celebrate the New Year
- User questions and comments
Post COVID19 travel advice
If you are planning a trip, make sure you are in line with safety measures. Follow government guidelines and only return to travel when the green light is given. Prefer natural and perhaps non-mass destinations, and in general promote local tourism: discover the wonders of your city, your region and your state. Try to avoid long-haul travel and at most choose destinations reachable with a few hours of flight.
1 - Rome: Happy New Year!
Let's start from the "Bel Paese". Yes why Rome is certainly one of the most fascinating European capitals and on New Year's Eve it becomes even more suggestive. This year numerous events and manifestations will be organized including a free concert at the Imperial Forums, to celebrate the transition to the new year. Among the liveliest areas that we recommend you visit, we point out the Piazza dell'Emporio, the Circus Maximus, the Lungotevere. But the most awaited event is the free concert open to all in the area in front of the Imperial Forums.
- hotel and b & b from € 60,00 per night -
- Return flight + 4 days / 5 nights from € 361,00 per person -
2 - Amsterdam: Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
Amsterdam is the European capital of transgression, one of the most incredible cities of the "Old Continent" and the last night of the year becomes even crazier. With its nightlife it is the ideal destination for young people even if, to tell the truth, it is not really an economic destination.
Dam Square is usually the night and day meeting place very frequented by locals and tourists; the square, on New Year's Eve, is full of life, thanks to the traditional free concert for the celebration of the end of the year.
If you are not afraid of the cold and you want to experience a New Year outside the box, on the beach of Scheveningen (1 hour away from Amsterdam) many Dutchmen gather to celebrate with the very famous dive at the end of the year. Around the pier the celebrations continue with songs, dances and toasts.
- hotel and b & b from € 35,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Round trip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 300,00 per person - find out more
3 - Berlin: Prosit Neujahr!
Berlin is heaven for any beer lover. Here too many events with live music are organized. IS for the countdown more than a million people meet at the Brandenburg Gate, to attend the incredible show of the Fireworks. After midnight, the square turns into a huge open-air disco, where you can dance and go wild until the first light of dawn.
In the atmospheric Gendarmenmarkt the WeihnachtsZauber, a Christmas market which offers a more relaxed atmosphere. Here the end of year party costs € 12,00 and you can find the best of local gastronomy but also specialties from all over the world.
For something even less chaotic, perhaps even suitable for children, the advice is there New Year's Eve party at the Spandau Citadel, where there is a wonderful medieval fortress.
- hotel and b & b from € 85,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Round trip flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 509,00 per person - find out more
4 - Paris: Bonne Année!
The "city of lovers": if you want to enjoy a weekend of passion with your partner, there is no better place!
Romantic like few others in the world, the French capital becomes even more beautiful during the festivities, with many alternatives to spend a fantastic New Year.
On the Champs Elysées you can enjoy wonderful shows. The big party starts as early as 21 pm: our advice is to arrive a little earlier, perhaps already in the late afternoon, in order to avoid the crowds.
In addition, at the stroke of midnight, you will have the opportunity to kiss your love at the foot of the Eiffel Tower: what could be better?
If you have chosen Paris to celebrate the New Year but want to avoid the crowds in the squares and clubs, you can choose one romantic dinner cruise on the Seine, on one of the many Bateaux Mouches.
For a spicy New Year instead, opt for dinner and show at the Mouline Rouge!
- hotel and b & b from € 120,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 730,00 per person -
5 - Budapest: Boldog új évet!
Budapest offers excellent entertainment but certainly different from the cities recommended so far.
In fact, during the New Year's Eve, the Hungarian capital is not particularly crowded, or rather it is not as crowded as Berlin.
For this reason, along the city streets, you can breathe a more peaceful and relaxing environment, almost intimate: perfect for a romantic getaway ...
Vorosmarty Square is one of the most popular and populated by young people in the entire city of Budapest.
A romantic proposal is there cruise on the Danube: music on board, romance, a dream panorama and a royal dinner.
An original solution is the New Year's Eve at the Széchenyi Baths, which for the occasion start the celebrations starting from 30 December.
- hotel and b & b from € 70,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 360,00 per person -
6 - Brussels: Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
Without a doubt, it is about one of the cheapest destinations among those recommended! Brussels will be able to give you unique emotions.
Thanks to the fabulous events organized, there is no lack of fun, as well as beer and alcohol in general: for these main reasons it is the best location for youth tourism.
In the center there is the meeting point for the classic New Year in the square: the wonderful Grand Place. Alternatively, there is the New Year's Eve on the street between Borsa and De Brouckère, a pedestrian area that turns into the most fun New Year in the entire city.
- hotels and b & b from € 70,00 per night - Find out more
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 500,00 per person -
7 - Prague: Šťastný Nový Rok!
The Czech capital presents historical and artistic wonders of indisputable value. What's more, during the holidays, the city of Prague exudes a fantastic atmosphere. The streets are illuminated by traditional lights and snow falls from the sky just like in one of the classic Christmas movies shown on TV.
You just have to go to the Charles Bridge and watch live one of the most beautiful fireworks in the world!
Among all the "hot" areas of Prague, Wenceslas Square is undoubtedly the most popular. The celebrations kick off in the evening, with a live music concert and the inevitable fireworks displays.
A romantic alternative is the cruise on the Vltava river.
- hotel and b & b from € 90,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 580,00 per person -
8 - Madrid: Feliz Año Nuevo!
In Spain, Madrid again this year surpasses its competitor Barcelona in terms of tourism forecasts.
Millions of visitors are expected in the Spanish capital, many of whom will gather for the ritual toast at the Puerta del Sol.
For lovers of tradition, however, the appointment is in front of the Royal House, to eat a grape for each of the twelve strokes of the clock.
A truly alternative New Year's Eve can be spent on the Madrid funicular. The company that manages the cable car organizes the last ride of the year to allow you to admire the celebrations and fireworks that take place in the city from a privileged point of view.
- hotel and b & b from € 80,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 490,00 per person -
9 - London: Happy New Year!
London never contradicts itself. Come on fires fired outside the London Eye or Big Ben, New Year's Eve in London is always an unparalleled spectacle. Rivers of people pour into the streets, in spite of the not always mild weather ... rain and cold are always lurking!
How to spend the New Year in London? You are spoiled for choice: dinner cruise on the Thames, Sensational Party with a light display on the skyscraper of the Shard or even an open-air disco in Trafalgar Square!
London is quite expensive, especially when it comes to staying overnight. You can then look for and choose an accommodation far from the center that is near a metro station.
- hotel and b & b from € 120,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 550,00 per person -
10 - Dublin: Happy New Year!
A city and an event for everyone: lovers of fun, adventure, clubs, but also families and lovers of history and culture. A stage that cannot fail to be taken into consideration to greet the year nearing its end. The "must" places of the New Year in Dublin? St. Stephen's Green, Temple Bar and the gospel choir concert at Christ Church Cathedral! And if you really don't want to spare yourself ... they organize the New Year at the Guinness factory too ...
- hotel and b & b from € 70,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel: Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days - from € 526,00 per person -
Other ideas and low cost destinations to celebrate the New Year
- Low cost ideas and offers: you still don't have clear ideas on what to do on New Year's Eve? Take a look at our low cost ideas and destinations
- The most beautiful New Year's parties in the world: if you don't want to compromise, don't miss the craziest and most memorable celebrations in the world, here are the best destinations in the world for New Year's Eve.
- New Year in Italy: in the beautiful country there is no shortage of solutions to spend an unforgettable New Year; here's where to celebrate in Italy.
- New Year's Eve at the spa: if you want a relaxing experience, New Year's Eve at the spa is a valid alternative to spend New Year's Eve. Here are the best destinations.
- Best New Year's Concerts and Events: if you prefer to wait for the stroke of midnight while enjoying a legendary live concert, here are the special events not to be missed.
- New Year in the mountains: and why not welcome the new year between cross-country skiing and snowshoeing on the snow? Here are the best mountain destinations.
- Most beautiful cities for Christmas and New Year: some destinations are literally perfect to be visited during the holiday season ... here they are all!
- New Year with Children: if you are looking for the right destination to entertain the little ones, here are the best destinations for families, including amusement parks and a festive atmosphere.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking