Are you looking for a different New Year, perhaps in the name of relaxation? The New Year's Eve at the Spa it is a valid alternative to spend New Year's Eve, combining the benefit of thermal waters and vapors with the celebrations for the arrival of the new year.
Offers and holiday packages in Italy and Europe certainly not lacking, as many spas organize special evenings with buffet dinners or even poolside to toast until late at night. We have researched and selected the the most beautiful spa destinations in which to spend the New Year in Italy and Europe: are you ready to celebrate immersed in the warm regenerating waters?
- New Year's Eve at the spa in the North
- New Year's Eve at the spa at the Center
- New Year's Eve at the spas in the South and in the Islands
- New Year's Eve at the spas abroad
- Other ideas and low cost destinations to celebrate the New Year
- User questions and comments
Covid-19 emergency: events, concerts and demonstrations could undergo last-minute changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We recommend that you inform yourself well about the situation of the destination you intend to visit before departure. If you are planning a trip, follow government guidelines and make sure you are in line with safety measures.
New Year's Eve at the spa in the North
1 - Terme di Sirmione (Brescia, Lombardy)
The elegant dress and the tie transform as if by magic into a comfortable bathing suit to wear and the uncomfortable heels become simple flip flops: certainly this is what awaits you in the relaxing New Year's Eve at the Terme di Sirmione!
The proposals are many and, in addition to swimming pools, spas, whirlpools and saunas, there is no shortage of live music, buffets and sparkling wine to celebrate the new year with the splendid frame of Lake Garda.
- Entrance fee to the spa: Entrance to the spa + sauna for 5 hours from € 43,00 per person. A special event is also organized for the night of December 31st, the cost of participation starts from € 165,00 per person (Dinner + Spa + Djset).
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 80,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Gardaland, Peschiera del Garda, Desenzano del Garda, Rivoltella
- Sirmione: boat tour to the peninsula and Lake Garda Verona and Sirmione: full-day tour from Bergamo
2 - Baths of Bormio (Sondrio, Lombardy)
Immersed in the wonderful Stelvio National Park, Bormio is a real paradise! The modern ski facilities together with the thermal baths are a very important tourist attraction. There are three complexes present: the Terme di Bormio, which are located in the homonymous territory and two establishments, the Bagni Nuovi and Bagni Vecchi, located in the hamlet of Premadio. The latter are very impressive, with the water that flows from the slopes of the mountain. Here too, the establishments remain open to relax and wait for the new year.
- Entrance fee to the spa: € 26,00 per person for daily admission. We also organize a special event for the night of December 31st, the cost of participation starts from € 110,00 per person
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 72,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Stelvio Pass, Bormio Ski, Valfurva, Livigno
3 - Merano Thermal Baths (Bolzano, Trentino Alto Adige)
Merano is not only known for typical Christmas Markets that every year brighten up the Christmas period, but also because it hosts one of the most beautiful and largest spas in Italy. I'm the ideal place to spend a warm New Year and take care of yourself with massages, saunas and other treatments. Moreover, the Terme di Merano are suitable for children that will be welcomed by specialized staff who will dedicate themselves to them. Fun for the little ones is guaranteed, as is relaxation for adults!
- Entrance fee to the spa: 3-hour admission costs € 27,00 for adults. The supplement for each additional hour spent inside is € 10,00. It does not open at night on December 31st.
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 60,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Scena, Tirolo, Tirolo Castle, Marlengo, Bolzano
4 - Pré-Saint-Didier Thermal Baths (Aosta Valley)
Pré-Saint-Didier is a small pearl in the heart of Mont Blanc. Its strategic position about 5 km from Courmayeur make it one of the most popular destinations for a week of relaxation, also thanks to the presence of the QC Terme center. The center is characterized by the spas located outdoors, at the foot of Mont Blanc, where the snowy panorama that winter offers predominates.
Relaxation is guaranteed until evening between the lights and fumes of the spa.
It is a wonderful location in which to spend the holidays, also thanks to some interesting attractions to see in the surrounding area.
Not far from the thermal baths, there is the Orrido, a belvedere that offers a breathtaking panoramic view, reachable via a 40-minute nature trail, perfect for lovers of trekking and woodland landscapes. Due to the climatic conditions, the route is not always open to the public, however it is also possible to reach the viewpoint by car via the state road.
- Entrance fee to the spa: daily admission costs around € 54,00 for adults, evening admission costs € 52,00. for New Year's Eve packages with buffet + relaxation path are available starting from € 250,00 per person.
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 80,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Courmayeur
New Year's Eve at the spa at the Center
1 - Viterbo (Lazio)
La Viterbo spa area it is very vast and includes several free zones where to enjoy the thermal waters, such as Bagnaccio, Piscine Carletti and Bullicame. Obviously there are other very beautiful spas, for a fee, which offer interesting packages, for example the famous ones Terme dei Papi. Here the New Year's Eve will be enlivened by live music while savoring the desserts offered at the buffet.
Celebrate the New Year's Eve in Viterbo it is a great way to do good to your body and, if you choose the free zones, without spending anything! What's better?
- Entrance fee to the spa: free
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 50,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Blena, Bolsena, Bomarzo, Lake Bolsena, Parco dei Mostri
- Viterbo: guided tour with Duomo and Palazzo dei Priori Bomarzo: Park of the Monsters and tour of the center of Viterbo
2 - Chianciano Terme (Siena, Tuscany)
As you well know, Tuscany really has many spas that offer many offers and packages to be seized! And Chianciano Terme is no exception, with its sensory spas that for December 31 they offer the opportunity to try 4 wellness programs, accompanied by a tasty buffet dinner with typical Tuscan products. In short, throughout the night you can relax in the whirlpools and saunas, enjoying the delights made available.
- Entrance fee to the spa: From € 45,00 per person. For the New Year's Eve event from € 175,00 per person (Access to Sensory Spa + Buffet Dinner)
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 35,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Montepulciano, Montevenere, Val d'Orcia, Pienza
- Chianciano Terme: Exclusive vintage car tour and sensory spa
3 - Terme di Saturnia (Grosseto, Tuscany)
We are still in Tuscany, this time in the famous ones Terme di Saturnia. Here you can enjoy the paradisiacal scenery of the outdoor spa, with the spring flowing along a stream and forming a series of natural pools carved into the rock. There are some free thermal waterfalls, or the Gorello and Mulino waterfalls, located near an old mill. Evenings are organized for December 31st to toast comfortably in a bathrobe by the pool!
- Entrance fee to the spa: free
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 76,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Montemerano, Poggioferro, Etruscan Necropolis of Puntone, Castellum Acquarum
New Year's Eve at the spas in the South and in the Islands
1 - 4 Spa Resort Hotel (Catania, Sicily)
A luxurious resort with more than 4.000 square meters dedicated to wellness: the 4 Spa is a splendid alternative to celebrate your New Year!
It is not really a spa, rather it is one of the most exclusive spa hotels in Sicily. You have the opportunity to choose between different treatments for your body, with over 60 professionals available.
For the night of the 31st, a party with dinner, music until late at night and access to the Spa is organized.
- Entrance fee to the spa: it is not possible to directly access the spa without being a hotel customer. For the evening of the 31st the packages start from around € 180,00 per person and include 1 overnight stay + breakfast and gala dinner with live music. However, we recommend that you ask for information directly to the structure.
- Request availability and quote from 4Spa
- What to see in the surroundings: Catania, Etna, Linguaglossa ski resorts, Taormina
- Etna: summit and crater trekking Catania: Mount Etna and Taormina tour Catania: Guided winter excursion to the north-east of Etna
2 - Contursi (Salerno, Campania)
Contursi, in the province of Salerno, has a main spa which is located a few kilometers outside the town, in Ponte Oliveto-Bagni, where the Rosapepe and Cappetta factories, while further downstream are the Terme Forlenza and Vulpacchio.
Among other things, in the surrounding areas there are many protected natural areas, therefore the place is perfect to spend the New Year between the beneficial treatments of the spas and excursions into the lush nature.
- Entrance fee to the spa: from € 10,00 per person. For the New Year's Eve event at Terme Rosapepe from € 239,00 (access to the spa area, dinner, overnight stay, buffet breakfast and lunch on January 1st).
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 100,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Valle della Caccia oasis, Castelcivita Caves, Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Sperlonga, Guerritore Castle, Eboli
3 - Grand Hotel Terme di Margherita di Savoia (BAT, Puglia)
The Grand Hotel Terme in Margherita di Savoia, in the province of Barletta - Andria - Trani, has its own wellness center inside the structure available to hotel guests and is also connected to the famous Baths of Margherita di Savoia. These are a state-of-the-art center renowned for mud therapy and thalassotherapy.
You can stay for New Year's Eve at the Grand Hotel and access the Spa treatments.
- Entrance fee to the spa: for more information we recommend contacting the property
- Hotels and b & b in the surrounding area from € 45,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Alta Murgia National Park, Gargano National Park, Cerignola, Barletta
New Year's Eve at the spas abroad
1 - Terme di Krka, Strunjan (Slovenia)
In Slovenia there are many spas, as it is a country rich in springs and, in addition, the prices are affordable for all budgets! In most of the spas you can celebrate by the pool with dinner and music until morning.
Our suggestion is the Krka Spa with wellness, thermal pools and saunas.
Furthermore Strunjan (Strunjan) is located on the border with Italy, only 30 km from Trieste and in a very charming area, surrounded by nature reserves and overlooking the sea.
- Flights to Ljubljana (115 km) or Trieste (31 km) from € 99,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 34,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Ljubljana, Castles, waterfalls, monasteries and other wonders in the Krka Park
- Ljubljana and Lake Bled: tour from Zagreb Kranjska Gora, Bovec, Bohinj: adventure trip from Bled
2 - Széchenyi Baths, Budapest (Hungary)
Le Budapest Thermal Baths are an institution, with ten thermal complexes present, including the Gellért baths, the Rudas baths, the Lukàcs, the Kiraly, the Danubius Healt Spa on Margaret Island but above all the Széchenyi baths, where pool parties are organized full of fun with DJ sets, shows and plays of light.
- starting from € 29,41 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 45,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: the city of Budapest and its beauties
- Skip-the-line Széchenyi Baths 1-Day Pass Royal Sissi Tour from Budapest Bdapest: 1-Hour Sightseeing Cruise and Welcome Drink
3 - Aqua Dome, Langenfeld (Austria)
Austria is famous for its suggestive Christmas markets and ski resorts, but that's not all. There are spas with saunas, swimming pools and attractions such as emotional showers, with attached hotel.
In Langenfeld, in the heart of the Otztal valley, stands the Aqua Dome, a huge and modern spa (reachable in just 3 hours by car from Verona!) which organizes special events for the New Year.
- Flights to Innsbruck (67 km) from € 179,00 -
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 84,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: The Stuibenfall and Klettersteig Lehner waterfalls, the Motorradmuseum (automobile museum)
- Innsbruck from above: return ticket for the cable car Swarovski Crystal Worlds: tour and transfer from Innsbruck Innsbruck: combo ticket to Alpenzoo and Hungerburg
Other ideas and low cost destinations to celebrate the New Year
- Low cost ideas and offers: you still don't have clear ideas on what to do on New Year's Eve? Check out our exceptional offers.
- The most beautiful New Year's parties in the world: if you don't want to compromise, don't miss the craziest and most memorable celebrations in the world, here are the best destinations in the world for New Year's Eve.
- New Year in Italy: in the beautiful country there is no shortage of solutions to spend an unforgettable New Year; here's where to celebrate in Italy.
- New Year in Europe: even in the old continent there are fantastic locations, here are the best European cities for New Year's Eve.
- Best New Year's Concerts and Events: if you prefer to wait for the stroke of midnight while enjoying a legendary live concert, here are the special events not to be missed.
- New Year in the mountains: and why not welcome the new year between cross-country skiing and snowshoeing on the snow? Here are the best mountain destinations.
- New Year in the heat: who says the New Year should be celebrated in a "conventional" place? Better take refuge in the heat, here's where to go for a beach holiday.
- Most beautiful cities for Christmas and New Year: some destinations are literally perfect to be visited during the holiday season ... here they are all!
- New Year with Children: if you are looking for the right destination to entertain the little ones, here are the best destinations for families, including amusement parks and a festive atmosphere.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking