Capital of Italy as well as the main historical-cultural center of our boot, Rome is one of those perfect destinations for any period of the year. Whether embellished with warm autumn colors or enveloped in the scents of spring, whether illuminated by a summer sunset or a cloudy sky, the Eternal City always knows how to entertain its visitors by showing all its incredible beauty and lively soul.
About this, Rome is also the ideal destination for those who dream of a different New Year's Eve: from party vibes in the squares, to live music concerts on the street to private parties in the most fashionable clubs ... What is certain is that in Rome they know how to have fun and above all how to offer you a New Year's Eve that you will struggle to forget!
In this article, we will tell you which are the absolutely unmissable events to experience the Last of the year in Rome, as well as leave you some useful advice about the climate, public transport and ... a "offertone" flight + hotel at prices torn up!
- Plan New Year's Eve in Rome: flight + hotel and tour offers
- What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
- Climate and useful info
- User questions and comments
Covid-19 emergency: events, concerts and demonstrations could undergo last-minute changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We recommend that you inform yourself well about the situation of the destination you intend to visit before departure. If you are planning a trip, follow government guidelines and make sure you are in line with safety measures.
Plan New Year's Eve in Rome: flight + hotel and tour offers
To enjoy a cheap Roman New Year, it is good to worry aboutaccommodation! Excluding the area of the historic center (undoubtedly beautiful but very expensive!), We recommend you stay near the Colosseum or in the Trastevere area. Both these areas, in fact, are very picturesque and, looking well in advance, it is not impossible to find accommodation at suitable prices.
New Year's Eve offers in Rome: Flight + 4 nights in Hotel
- return flight from € 123,00 -
- 4 nights in Rome from € 238,00 per room -
- Flight + hotel package:
Return flight + 4 nights / 5 days in 3/4 star hotel from € 361,00 per person -
Unmissable tours and activities
What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
For New Year's Eve, Rome offers a huge choice of events and activities, ideal for both those traveling with family and friends.
In the paragraph below, we have selected the three main solutions for you so that you can evaluate all possible options in advance.
1 - New Year around the Eternal City
If you love walking around the cities and are not able to decide for a single event, know that during the New Year's Eve the whole capital is animated by parties and events, each more fun than the other. There is no corner of the city where you will not find tourists and locals intent on having a bit of a healthy party together in the streets, leaving behind the problems of the past year: among the liveliest areas that you should visit, there we point out the Piazza dell'Emporio, the Circus Maximus, the Lungotevere but also the wonderful Orange Garden, located on the Aventine hill. Also, do not forget to check the official website of the Auditorium of the Parco della Musica, near the Spanish Steps (metro A, Flaminio stop) in the coming weeks. Here, in fact, on the occasion of the new year, various musical performances are often held that may interest you.
2 - Concert at the Imperial Forums
Like every year, even for New Year's Eve the most awaited appointment is free concert and open to all in the area in front of the Imperial Forums (reachable by metro B and metro B1, getting off at the Colosseum stop). Accompanied by artists of national and international fame, hundreds of participants will gather all together to celebrate and have fun to the rhythm of music, toasts and fireworks as a grand finale. We are sure that you too will forget the cold and tiredness, unleashing carefree on the notes of the most popular songs of the moment!
3 - New Year's cruise on the river
A very romantic and original way to await the arrival of the new year, could be to take a nice cruise along the Tiber: many river companies, in fact, offer solutions (including dinner, use of the wine bar and live music), also available for New Year's Eve. However, since this is a different option than usual with reservations required, we advise you to mobilize well in advance in order to inform yourself well about rates and availability.
The best clubs for young people, clubs and discos for New Year's Eve
- Exe, modernly furnished disco with adjoining restaurant, cabaret show and a wide range of live music shows, page fb, Viale della Civiltà Romana 1- Get directions
- Art Café, a beautiful nightclub near Villa Borghese, often frequented by VIPs and prominent figures of the Roman nightlife, page fb, Viale del Galoppatoio 33 - Get directions
- The Church Village, resort a stone's throw from San Pietro with a large park, restaurant for gala dinner and an internal area dedicated to the DJ set, page fb, Via di Torrerossa 94 - Get directions
- Villa Dafne Majestic, a wonderful 600th century estate used as a location for entertainment and parties, page fb, Via di Quarto Annunciata 57- Get directions
- Shari Vari, elegant and refined venue with restaurant, relaxation area with sofas and large dance floor, page fb, Via de 'Nari 14 - Get directions
Climate and useful info
- Weather: between December and February, the maximums are around 12 ° C, the minimums around 3 ° C; for this reason, if you intend to spend New Year's Eve in the square, we advise you to cover yourself well!
- the capital is well connected to all major Italian cities by trains and flixbus buses. There are also two airports, Rome-Fiumicino airport and Rome-Ciampino airport, both international airports no more than 30 km away from the city (about 40 minutes).
- Getting around: we advise you to use the metro (consisting of 3 lines) or buses (more than 300 daytime bus lines and 22 at night). The ordinary ticket costs € 1,50 per person, the day ticket € 6,00.
- Recommended cards and passes: by purchasing the Roma Silver Pass, you can take advantage of considerable discounts in museums and city attractions, but also in restaurants and clubs for the nightlife.
- Average cost for New Year's Eve dinner: from € 60,00 upwards per person