Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations for lovers of luxury. If during the year it is a privileged destination for everything related to business, sporting events and social life, it is even more so at New Year. In fact, on this particular day, the city reserves numerous events for its guests ranging from private (and non-private) parties in the most fashionable clubs in Dubai to beach parties. Wherever you are you can admire the beautiful fireworks on the gulf at the stroke of midnight. If you don't have any plans yet, drop by, but remember that alcohol is not allowed in this city, and you reach the age of majority at 21.
- Plan your trip: flight + hotel and tour offers
- What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
- The best clubs for young people, clubs and discos for New Year's Eve
- Climate and useful info
- User questions and comments
Covid-19 emergency: events, concerts and demonstrations could undergo last-minute changes due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We recommend that you inform yourself well about the situation of the destination you intend to visit before departure. If you are planning a trip, follow government guidelines and make sure you are in line with safety measures.
Plan your trip: flight + hotel and tour offers
To organize your trip to Dubai you can take advantage of numerous packages, especially during the New Year period. The city is served by an international airport that connects it to the major world airports. Ticket prices are a bit expensive: they range from an economy base of about € 600,00. As for accommodation, the city is full of hotels that can be easily reached by public transport. The richest area is undoubtedly that of the coast, which however is also the most expensive with its extra-luxury facilities.
New Year's Eve Offers in Dubai: Flight + 4 nights in Hotel
- from € 570,00 -
- 4 nights in Dubai from € 240,00 per room -
- Flight + hotel package: Flight A / R + 4 nights / 5 days from € 900,00 per person - see the offer
Unmissable tours and activities
What to do on New Year's Eve: program and events
During New Year's Eve Dubai becomes a real party. The most anticipated event are the magnificent fireworks that stand out on the Persian Gulf and are clearly visible from every corner of the city.
Precisely for this reason, the clubs in the numerous skyscrapers of the city offer dinners and parties until the stroke of January 1st. For the "after dinner" then there is no shortage of nightclubs open until 5 in the morning.
1 - New Year's Eve in Downtown Dubai
It is one of the most famous districts of Dubai, and one of the newest. Located north of Business Bay, the Downtown contains some of the most important buildings in the city, such as the Dubai Mall, the Burj Khalifa skyscraper and the Dubai Fountain. The area is quite large as it covers about 2 square kilometers. Reaching it is easy: in fact, the area is served by stop n.25 (Burj Khalifa - Dubai Mall) of the city metro.
2 - New Year's Eve in Bastakiya
Baastakiya is the historical part of Dubai, made by fishermen and pearl hunters. The Persian influence here is evident: the neighborhood is made up of narrow streets and buildings characterized by barjeel architecture. In this part of the city you will find numerous typical places, far from the glitz of the coastal area, but no less fun and fascinating. To reach it you need to take the subway to the Al-Fahidi stop and continue on foot, or on the C07 bus.
3 - New Year's Eve in Dubai Marina
More than a neighborhood, it is a real city overlooking the Persian Gulf. Could you celebrate the New Year's Eve on its waterfront, full of shops and shaded by palm trees. Here there is also a very popular free beach, which comes alive on New Year's Eve with dozens of beach parties. The place is also great for watching the fireworks. To reach it you can take the subway to the Nakheel stop.
The best clubs for young people, clubs and discos for New Year's Eve
- Armani club - nightclub: Burj Khalifa - Get directions
- Creek - Restaurant and Nightclub: Al Khaleej Rd - Get directions
- 360 ° - Restaurant and Nightclub: Jumeirah Beach Hotel - Get Directions
Climate and useful info
- Weather: quite mild, especially in the New Year period. Temperatures range from a minimum of 18 ° to a maximum of 26 °. You could even sunbathe on the beach
- Dubai International Airport is only 4km from downtown. Served by direct flights (6 hours) or with a stopover (approximately 10 hours)
- Getting around: the most suitable means of transport is the taxi, due to the rather affordable rates (about € 3,00 every 15 minutes). The Metro is quite comfortable even if it is very crowded, there are also two urban bus lines and a monorail. We do not recommend walking, given the large presence of roads that are difficult to cross - more info on how to get around Dubai
- Useful passes and cards: we recommend the purchase of the Dubai Explorer Pass, a card that allows you to save over 55% on the cost of admission to 3, 4, 5 or 7 attractions in Dubai
- Local currency: Emirati dirham (1 euro = 4,6 dirham)
- Time zone: GMT + 4 (+ 2h compared to Italy)
- Entry requirements: passport with residual validity of at least 6 months, tourist visa and compulsory health insurance
- Average cost for New Year's Eve dinner: around € 140,00 (around 570 dirhams) per person for a good restaurant