Who wants to spend a vacation in some seaside resort in Italy, can not fail to consider among the various goals, those located on the Adriatic coast.
Among these it certainly stands out Milano Marittima, part of the municipality of Cervia, in the province of Ravenna. Milano Marittima is famous for being a very hospitable seaside resort for tourists, who can both enjoy the natural beauties of the place, such as the beach and the refreshing pine forest of Cervia, or the regenerating thermal baths, and have fun and entertain themselves in the numerous clubs on the sea, suitable for suggestive aperitifs and the wildest nightlife.
So let's see what they are 10 things to see in Milano Marittima in a weekend!
- 10 things to see in Milano Marittima in a weekend
- What to see in Milano Marittima in one day: recommended itinerary
- Where to eat in Milano Marittima: the best restaurants
- What to do in the evening: the nightlife areas and the best clubs in Milano Marittima
- Plan your stay in Milano Marittima: info and useful tips
- User questions and comments
10 things to see in Milano Marittima in a weekend
1 - Pinewood of Milano Marittima
The pine forest extends for 210 hectares and represents a natural site worthy of protection and conservation. It is part of the Po Delta Regional Park, and its varied ecosystem it allows the proliferation of different plant species, among these the Apocino veneto and the cane of Ravenna stand out, both very precious as they are at risk of extinction.
Pines are obviously the dominant trees and under their shade you can find relief from the high summer temperatures.
- 10 minutes by car from Cervia station, Milano Marittima - Get directions
- always accessible
2 - Natural Park
A part of the pine forest is occupied by Milano Marittima Natural Park, a protected natural area of 32 hectares, in which there are various faunal specimens, such as donkeys, horses, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits, but also fallow deer and deer.
The park is located between Milano Marittina and Cervia and offers the possibility of relax surrounded by nature, have a picnic in the designated areas, follow the various paths set up for visitors who love hiking and more: for the more adventurous there are sports activities, such as suspended paths between trees of different heights, launching with the necessary harnesses.
A 'didactic area with animals: In the old farm, it was designed especially for children, who are encouraged to have direct and healthy contact with the animals that inhabit the park, while receiving a real lesson on local wildlife life.
- 25 minutes walk from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- by 09: 00 20 to: 00
- "In the old farm" area € 4,00, reduced € 3,00
3 - House of Butterflies
Inside the Natural Park there is a splendid garden in which to live a truly unique experience: a visit to nature surrounded by the flight of many colorful butterflies.
In the House of Butterflies, in fact, you will find these splendid specimens from different parts of the world; an area of the garden was created to reproduce the tropical climate and make life possible for insects and animals that live in overseas environments.
The nearby House of Insects is also very interesting, where you can have direct contact with insects of all species, from giant cockroaches to beetles, from stick insects to crickets.
- 15 minutes from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- indicatively every day from 9:30 to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 17.00 (on holidays and in some periods of the year it is open all day and the closing can be postponed to 19:00)
- full ticket € 10,00, reduced € 9,00
4 - Stella Maris Catholic Church
The church was built in the 50s and the work was completed in 1970. It is a modern building consisting of a single large nave and arches in concrete.
Inside there are two chapels, one dedicated to the Virgin Mary and the other to Sant'Antonio da Padova.
The most characteristic aspect lies in the 14 panels of the Via Crucis carved in mahogany by the sculptor Umberto Bortolo, who also made a wooden crucifix overlooking the altar for the place of worship.
- 4 minutes walk from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- by 08: 00 23 to: 00
5 - Vialetto degli Artisti
It is a very characteristic boulevard and that comes alive in the summer of stalls and markets, with handicrafts of local artists and designers.
Here you can find really everything, including jewelry, paintings, bags, vintage items, eco-design creations and more. It is worth taking a trip just to enjoy one evening walk, especially after spending the day at the beach.
- in the center of Milano Marittima - Get directions
- from June to September 19: 30-00: 00
6 - Papeete Beach
Not just a bathing facility, but a real one indispensable reference point for those who want to know the entertainment center of Milano Marittima.
Papeete Beach was founded in 2000 and has now become a brand that attracts all tourists on holiday on the Riviera, with its Beach party, the inevitable appointment with the Pink night, the event held on the coast on the first weekend of July, aperitifs, entertainment on the beach, dancing and music at all hours.
- 10 minutes from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- the beach services are active in the summer from 8:00 to 21:00
- from € 12,00
7 - Cervia salt pan
La salina is located south of the Po Delta Regional Park and was most likely already known in Roman times.
Cervia is historically linked to its salt, which since 1979 has been established as Animal population nature reserve.
Visitors can admire the panorama of this natural site through excursions to do on foot, by bicycle, by boat, during which to devote yourself to the activity of birdwatching: more than 100 species of birds live in these places with a truly unique habitat, and in addition to the Heron and the Mallard, the Salina has become the home of many flamingos.
During the visit you will also have the opportunity to taste the glasswort, a plant species which survives only in saline environments.
- 10 minutes by car from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- generally from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 19:00; in summer from 10:30 to sunset;
- full € 3,00; reduced € 2,00
8 - Terme di Cervia
In the Natural Park between Cervia and Milano Marittima there is a spa that exploits the beneficial properties of saline present in this territory.
The main point of the spa is the pool with a temperature of 33 ° and with a high salt concentration, but within the structure it is also possible to undergo massages, irrigations, muds, baths, therapies for some pathologies but also purely aesthetic treatments.
In particular, the mud that is collected in the basins is really effective for therapeutic purposes, from rheumatism to sciatica, and also for aesthetic treatments, as in the case of cellulite.
They are also convenient for families with children, as there is a entertainment for the little ones during the treatments.
- 20 minutes walk from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- from May to September from 7:00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 18.30; the Thermal Pool from 7:00 to 18:30
- starting from € 10,00
9 - Cologne Varese
The structure was built in the late 30s, it is a impressive concrete building that could accommodate up to 1.000 children. It is located in the northernmost part of Milano Marittima, on the border with the town of Lido di Savio.
The outbreak of the Second World War changed its nature, so it became a prison and then a war hospital. Since the 50s the building has been in a state of complete abandonment and has been owned by the Emilia-Romagna Region.
Although it was never rebuilt or renovated to give it new life, the complex in its particular condition attracts many visitors, especially photography lovers, who will have the opportunity to immortalize a site that still tells a part of Italian history.
- 27 minutes walk from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- always accessible
10 - Cervia
Reaching Cervia is very simple, so it is worth going for a ride in this historic town of Romagna.
Definitely to visit the center, that is Piazza Garibaldi, paved with river pebbles, where there are some important buildings, such as the municipality, dating back to the '700, the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, built at the end of the seventeenth century, with a Romanesque appearance with exposed bricks on the outside, more sumptuous inside, where there are precious paintings by Procaccini, Cantarini and other 600th century painters.
The stop in the hotel is very pleasant Grazia Deledda Garden, located right next to the cathedral, embellished with colorful plants and flowers that always look cared for with style and elegance.
- 28 minutes walk from the center of Milano Marittima (Rotonda I Maggio) - Get directions
- always accessible; cathedral 8: 00-19: 30
What to see in Milano Marittima in one day: recommended itinerary
Start your day with breakfast at BARuffa, and then head towards the beautiful Pineta, where you can spend some time in the shade of the tall pines. After refreshing, continue the tour towards the center, then pass Piazzale Napoli and visit the modern one Stella Maris church. Now you can go to what is considered the center of Milano Marittima, that is Rotonda I Maggio. Stop for lunch in the famous Loco Squad Osteria restaurant, where you can enjoy excellent fish in an intimate and refined atmosphere.
Give yourself the thrilling experience of walking in nature surrounded by beautiful specimens of butterflies in the Butterfly Houses, inside the Cervia Natural Park. If you have a bit of a spirit of adventure, then you can also dedicate yourself to suspended paths to do among the trees of the park.
If you want to complete the day in the name of "exploration" you can move to the center of Cervia, where you can visit the MUSA, the Salt Museum, and finally have dinner at the La Pantofla Circolo Pescatori Restaurant. Alternatively you can reach the beach and the nightlife areas, where you can relax and have fun until late at night.
One day itinerary at a glance
- Breakfast at BARuffa - Get directions
- Pinewood of Milano Marittima
- Stella Maris Church (8: 00-23: 00, free)
- Rotonda I Maggio
- Lunch at Loco Squad Osteria - Get directions
- Casa delle Farfalle (for timetables, see the official website of the Butterfly Houses, € 3,00)
- Cervia Natural Park (9: 00-20: 00, € 4,00)
- Piazza Garibaldi of Cervia
- MUSA (14: 30-19: 00 and in summer 20: 30-24.00, € 2,00)
- Dinner at La Pantofla Circolo Pescatori Restaurant - Get directions
Where to eat in Milano Marittima: the best restaurants
- Royal Beach: restaurant specializing in fresh fish dishes in a location directly on the beach
Average price per person: € 28,00
Address and contacts: Traversa VI - Get directions / tel: 335143 9990
- La Baya restaurant: informal restaurant with cuisine based on fish, meat and pizza
Average price per person: € 22,00
Address and contacts: Piazzale Genova, 3 - Get directions / tel: 0544994382
- Pummà Milano Marittima: cuisine specializing in gourmet pizza with organic ingredients
Average price per person: € 22,00
Address and contacts: Viale romagna, 1 - Get directions / tel: 0544992369
What to do in the evening: the nightlife areas and the best clubs in Milano Marittima
Milano Marittima is certainly the ideal destination for those looking for nightlife. During the summer there are many clubs that organize parties and evenings practically every day. Many of the clubs are located in the center of Milano Marittima, and enliven the night of this town on the Riviera ensuring fun and entertainment for all tastes; every street bar, in fact, always offers different music, browsing through all musical genres.
Of course, there are also lounge bars where you can find a relaxing atmosphere with excellent local and international products.
Finally the aforementioned beach parties at Papeete Beach deserve a further mention, which attract thousands of fun-seeking young people every year.
The best pubs, clubs and discos
- Pineta: disco par excellence in Milano Marittima, commercial house music and VIPs often present / Address: Viale Romagna, 68 - Get directions
- Pousada Beijaflor: restaurant specializing in Caribbean cuisine / Address: Viale Francesco Rismondo, 1 - Get directions
- Ciberìa Casablanca: ideal place for aperitifs, born from the formula that combines street food with a real restaurant / Address: Viale Antonio Gramsci, 46 - Get directions
Plan your stay in Milano Marittima: info and useful tips
- by train Cervia - Milano Marittima (3,4 km). By car: A14 Bologna - Ancona motorway. Cesena Nord exit, follow the signs for Ravenna and take the E55, exit at Casemurate and then continue towards Cervia along the SS 254
- Getting around: the best way is to rent a bike, or walk.
- Where to park: Piazzale Forlì car park, right near Rotonda I Maggio and a few steps from the sea and Piazza Viale Romgna, both areas with rates starting from 1,30 per hour. A free parking in a strategic position is Piazza Andrea Costa Parking, a few minutes from Milano Marittima.
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 55,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: if you happen to be in the summer Mirabilandia (13 km away); Ravenna, rich in history and art (22 km away); Cesenatico (15 km away); the beautiful Rimini (35 km away)