The Michelin star is, since 1926, a hallmark of the best culinary quality, a recognition of prestige attributed to the best restaurants, and therefore, as such, recommended in the travel itineraries suggested by the well-known tire manufacturer.
Critics in charge go, absolutely anonymously, to a specific restaurant, to give a 360-degree evaluation and decide, in the end, whether or not to attribute it or not (and if so how many) the much sought-after star.
First the dishes are judged on the basis of 4 parameters: product quality, preparation technique, balance between ingredients and the Chef's creativity.
But that is not all. Michelin inspectors also focus their attention on other aspects such as: the detailed analysis ofenvironment, the service, Dell 'hospitality and comfort.
Here the list of starred restaurants 2021 in Umbria.
- Vespasia (1 star)
- Vissani (1 star)
- User questions and comments
Vespasia (1 star)
- Address: Via Cesare Battisti, 10 - 06046 Norcia PG (Get directions)
- Contacts: tel 0743-817434 / official site
- Tasting menu: Sole (4 courses, € 48,00 - available only for lunch from Monday to Friday); Land (€ 126,00 - 4 courses of your choice € 88,00 - single course of your choice from the card € 35,00 each); Water (€ 126,00 - 4 courses of your choice € 88,00 - single course of your choice from the card € 35,00 each); Air: vegetable, fish, meat and cheese course with dishes specially selected by the chef (4 courses € 88,00 - 6 courses € 125,00 - 8 courses € 154,00); Buon Ricordo plate (€ 38,00 - Cost of cheese tasting: 3 cheeses € 12,00 - 5 cheeses € 18,00 - 7 cheeses € 25,00)
- Chef: Valentino Palmisano
Vissani (1 star)
- Address: State Road 448 - Todi - Baschi KM 6.600 loc. Cannitello - 05023 - Baschi (TR) (Get directions)
- Contacts: tel 0744-950206 / official site
- Tasting menu: 1st level (4 dishes, € 120,00); 2nd level (6 dishes, € 180,00); 3rd level (complete proposal, excluding wines, € 250,00)
- Chef: Gianfranco Vissani
The criteria for awarding stars
This is the highest award for restaurants. But how are they evaluated?
The dreaded "inspector" is required to evaluate his gastronomic experience according to the following criteria:
- quality of ingredients
- mastery in controlling flavors and cooking techniques
- personality of the chef in his kitchen
- value and consistency between the various table tests carried out
This is an inspection and evaluation that has nothing to do with many of the service standards evaluated in many television programs and formats, for example. In fact, for example, items such as furniture, service or table equipment are not included, which instead are evaluated and rewarded with the fork and knife symbol.
In particular, the meaning of the stars is as follows:
- 3 Stars: A unique cuisine. Worth the trip
- 2 Stars: An excellent cuisine. Worth the detour
- 1 Star: A cuisine of great quality. Worth the stop