The 65th edition of the Michelin Guide 2021 confirms the star for Vitantonio Lombardo, the chef from Basilicata who has won the prestigious award with the restaurant that bears his name, in the heart of the Sassi di Matera.
The mission of the famous "Rossa", since the dawn of its foundation in 1889, is to contribute to the progress of the mobility of goods and people, suggesting to passionate and refined gourmands a tour of Italy by being guided by good food.
Here the list of starred restaurants 2021 in Basilicata.
- Vitantonio Lombardo (1 star)
- Don Alfonso 1890 San Barbato (1 star)
- User questions and comments
Vitantonio Lombardo (1 star)
- Address: 14, Via Madonna delle Virtù, 13 - 75100 Matera MT (Get directions)
- Contact: 0835-335475 / website
- Tasting menu: Fragments (5 courses € 85,00 - 7 courses € 100,00 - 9 courses € 115,00 - 12 courses € 130,00); Battiti (5 courses € 85,00 - 7 courses € 100,00 - 9 courses € 115,00 - 12 courses € 130,00)
- Chef: Vitantonio Lombardo
Don Alfonso 1890 San Barbato (1 star)
- Address: Strada Statale 93 km 56,300 85024, 85024 Lavello PZ (Get directions)
- Contact: 0972 816011 / website
- Tasting menu: From the Sea (€ 75,00); From the Earth (€ 75,00), The Two Worlds (€ 95,00)
- Chef: Donato De Leonardis
The criteria for awarding stars
This is the highest award for restaurants. But how are they evaluated?
The dreaded "inspector" is required to evaluate his gastronomic experience according to the following criteria:
- quality of ingredients
- mastery in controlling flavors and cooking techniques
- personality of the chef in his kitchen
- value and consistency between the various table tests carried out
This is an inspection and evaluation that has nothing to do with many of the service standards evaluated in many television programs and formats, for example. In fact, for example, items such as furniture, service or table equipment are not included, which instead are evaluated and rewarded with the fork and knife symbol.
In particular, the meaning of the stars is as follows:
- 3 Stars: A unique cuisine. Worth the trip
- 2 Stars: An excellent cuisine. Worth the detour
- 1 Star: A cuisine of great quality. Worth the stop