Miami is one cosmopolitan and international city with a beautiful coastline, long beaches and several suburbs and neighborhoods.
This city it is the perfect place for a vacation at any time of the year as temperatures never drop below 24 °.
It is able to satisfy every type of need, you can alternate sea life with excursions in the surrounding area, visiting museums or discovering the clubs of Little Havana, Little Haiti or Coral Gables.
Here's where Miami is, when to go and what to see!
- Travel informed: useful information
- Where it is
- When to go? Info on climate and best time
- 10 things to see: beaches and places of interest
- What to do in Miami: excursions and tours
- How much does a Miami vacation cost? Prices, offers and advice
- User questions and comments
Travel informed: useful information
- Inhabitants: 463.347
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Local currency: US dollar (€ 1,00 = $ 1,11)
- Weather: subtropical climate with temperatures that never go below 24 °. Summers are wetter and rainier while winters are drier
- Time zone: GMT-5 (-6 in Italy, -5 when summer time is in force in Italy)
- vaccinations: no vaccination is required; However, it is advisable to take out health insurance as in America any medical visit or surgery has exorbitant costs
- Entry requirements: e-passport and Esta, to be taken online for $ 14,00 / € 12,64
- Travel / health insurance: recommended.
Where it is
Miami, a city in the United States, is the capital of Miami-Dade County in Florida and is located on the southeastern coast, very close to Cuba and the Bahamas. To the north it borders with Georgia, to the west with Alabama while to the east it overlooks the Bay of Biscayne, in the Atlantic Ocean.
How to reach us
- From Milan or Rome: the company AirItaly or Alitalia operates direct connections with Miami International Airport (duration 11 hours and 15 min). Alternatively, there are flights with a stopover in London or Lisbon (the journey takes about 15 hours) - starting from € 289,00 -. The airport (MIA) is 13km from downtown and is connected by Express bus or Metrobus ($ 2,25 / € 2,00) or shuttle ($ 62,00 / € 56,79) or taxi ($ 2 / € 1,81, to which $ 2,40 / € 2,70 must be added for each additional km). Alternatively, private transfer is available
- From the main European capitals: direct flights depart from London (AmericanAirlines and British), Paris (AirFrance and American), Dusseldorf (Lufthansa) and Amsterdam (Delta and KLM). On average it takes between 10 and 12 hours.
When to go? Info on climate and best time
- Weather: it is tropical with warm and pleasant winters and long and sultry summers. Minimum temperatures range from 20 ° in January to 29 ° in July and August. The sea is warm all year round with temperatures between 24 ° in winter and 30 ° in summer
- Best time: runs from December to April when the rains are scarce, the humidity is very low and the temperatures are ideal for a stay both by the sea and in the city
- Period to avoid: summer because it rains more and the air is full of humidity; moreover, between July and September there is the risk that it will be crossed by hurricanes
- Advice: bring light clothing, a sweatshirt for the evenings in the winter months, sunscreen, swimwear, hat
10 things to see: beaches and places of interest
- South Beach, the most beautiful and trendy beach in Miami Beach, characterized by white sand and shallow crystal clear waters. Here you can lie down to sunbathe, surf or simply walk along the shore.
- Ocean Drive, the area that borders South Beach, is one of the most popular and famous because it has been the set of many films and TV series. Frequented by sculptural physicists who skate on the sidewalks, it is a street full of clubs and restaurants.
- Lincoln Road is the large open-air shopping area frequented by particular characters, models and street artists where it is possible to go shopping or nightlife in the numerous clubs.
- Little Havana it is the neighborhood inhabited by the largest Cuban and Latin community in the world; its beating heart is Calle Ocho with several memorials, murals, theaters, restaurants and parks.
- Art Decò District is the area in Miami Beach with the highest number of art deco style structures in the world.
Corners with colorful buildings and particular shapes that take you back a few years.
- Coconut Grove it is the neighborhood inhabited by rich and famous people who built their villas here; in addition to the spectacular houses there are beautiful parks, museums and restaurants with breathtaking views that make this area one of the most visited.
- Wynwood is the artistic area, full of art galleries open at all hours, trendy clubs and bars frequented by intellectuals who sip drinks while reading a book.
- Miami Seaquarium is the largest aquarium in the United States housing hundreds of fish, sea turtles, sharks and reptiles. Dolphins, sea lions and killer whales can be seen every day.
- The Everglades are one of the major attractions, a few miles from Miami, declared a World Heritage Site. It is a marshy land that stretches for over 6000 km inhabited by crocodiles and alligators that can be seen from aboard the typical propeller boats.
- The Perez Art Museum, known as Pamm, is a modern museum that houses works of contemporary art and masterpieces executed between the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
- The Zoo it is the largest and oldest in Florida; inside live more than 3000 animals of 500 different species and occupies an area of over 30 thousand square meters.
What to do in Miami: excursions and tours
How much does a Miami vacation cost? Prices, offers and advice
Although Miami is thought to be an expensive city, in reality it is less expensive than many European capitals.
Being very big you can choose cheaper accommodation as apartments, b & b or hostels or more expensive as luxury hotels.
Among the best sleeping areas we suggest South Beach which offers the possibility to experience the sea and the beach during the day and to frequent many clubs in the evening.
There are several ways to eat; we recommend the cheap restaurants in Little Havana ideal for lunch (costs $ 15,00 / € 14,00) while for the evening you will be spoiled for choice in the Ocean Drive or Lincoln Road area. To save money during your stay, we suggest you purchase the Go Miami Card (prices from $ 81,00 to $ 211,00 / € 72,00 - € 190,00) which allows free entry to over 25 attractions. The Miami & The Keys Explorer Pass, on the other hand, will allow you to save up to 40% on transport, excursions and tours (from $ 90,00 to $ 130,00 / € 84,00 - € 120,00).
- Hotel and b & b starting from € 95,00 per room -
- Flights from Rome starting from € 356 -
- Return flight + 7 days / 6 nights from € 995,00 per person -