It is the historical heart of the events of the past in Philadelphia, the place where the first steps were taken towards the ever more concerted realization of the present United States. Precisely because of the richness of history that you can breathe here, this national park is also called "the most historic square kilometer in America".
Inside, there are several areas of historical interest, including Independence hall; the Liberty Bell Pavilion (located in Independence Hall) with the Liberty Bell, the symbol of freedom built in the foundries of London in 1751; the Carpenters’Hall, a beautiful Georgian-style building built to house the carpenters' guild, but which later became the site of the first American congress and hospital for the wounded of the War of Independence; there Second Bank of the United States; and the Franklin Court. The whole visit is conducted by the Rangers.
How to reach us: SEPTA Routes: 17, 21, 42, 33, 38, 44, 48, Market-Frankford Line
Most Interesting Articles
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking