Gabicce Mare is located along the Adriatic coast, in the province of Pesaro and Urbino. It is a small naturalistic jewel which stands out for its cliffs and the promontory of Monte San Bartolo overlooking the sea. The mountain is also a nature reserve and is crossed by paths overlooking the entire Riviera Romagnola.
Even if it is small in size, Gabicce Mare is home to a hundred hotels with all the services you need, equipped beaches and many activities to do.
It is always the right occasion to visit it, in the summer it is one of the favorite destinations for beach holidays, in spring and autumn it is the ideal destination for cycling thanks to its scenic roads, and in spring it acquires an even more special charm for the gorse in bloom.
- 10 things to see in Gabicce Mare and surroundings
- What to see in Gabicce Mare in one day: recommended itinerary
- Where to eat in Gabicce Mare: the best restaurants
- What to do in the evening: the nightlife areas and the best clubs in Gabicce Mare
- Plan your stay in Gabicce Mare: info and useful tips
- User questions and comments
10 things to see in Gabicce Mare and surroundings
1 - The beach
It has been awarded the Blue Flag for years now. The beach of thin sand it is among the most gifted of all the Marche coast thanks to excellent services available that offer tourists both relaxation and entertainment, also suitable for families with children.
Although it is a very small town, there are about fifty bathing facilities, all well cared for and full of activities for sportsmen and children, most of the beaches also offer free bikes to their customers and an anti-loss bracelet for children. free beaches, albeit quite crowded especially in high stands. In short, there is really everything you could want for a proper holiday.
- from Viale della Repubblica you can reach the beach in less than 10 minutes on foot - Get directions
- always accessible
2 - Catholic
It is true, Gabicce Mare is located in the Marche and Cattolica in Emilia-Romagna, but they are the two localities that are located at the ends of their respective regions thus forming a single tourist center. I'm connected by a pedestrian bridge on the stream that flows between the two countries, so you can cross the border between the two regions even just with a walk.
Cattolica, like Gabicce, was recognized with the Blue Flag, and is named the Queen of the Adriatic.
It is therefore mandatory to stop off on the very fine sandy beach. Entering the city it is also possible to admire architectural beauties such as the Museo della Regina, the Teatro La Regina or the Palazzo del Comune. In the squares then the typical weekly and seasonal markets take place which always attract many people.
- 5 minutes by car along Via Garibaldi - Get directions. Otherwise, from the Palazzo del Turismo there is the Adriabus bus which arrives 10 minutes or on foot from the pedestrian bridge over the Tavollo stream - Get directions
- always accessible
3 - The Pier
It is a truly spectacular place, moreover it is the symbol that represents the union between Gabicce and Cattolica.
Those who walk along it and reach beyond the beach can enjoy the breathtaking view that can be observed from the extreme point, and which allows you to see the whole coast from Cattolica to Rimini and beyond.
- from Viale della Repubblica you can reach the pier in 10 minutes on foot along Via del Porto - Get directions
- always accessible
4 - Gabicce Monte
This locality gives moments of quiet and relaxation, which is ideal for those who want to get away from the chaos of the beaches for a while. In addition, from here you can enjoy some splendid panoramic views of the coast below, and then there are some beautiful and panoramic fish restaurants that overlook Piazza Valbruna.
For the hiking lovers it is a perfect destination, you can reach it on foot or by bike from Gabicce Mare along an uphill road.
- the most comfortable way is by car along the panoramic road in less than 10 minutes - Get directions. For the more sporty it is also possible on foot or by bike, the road is uphill for about 2 km and takes half an hour
- always accessible
5 - Vallugola bay
To relax in comfort, take advantage of your trip to Gabicce to reach and visit Baia Vallugola. This beach is small and worldly, you will have the opportunity to rent umbrellas and sunbeds or just sun loungers, and close to the beach there are many bars and fish restaurants, which make this area also suitable for spending a whole day there. It is not very recommended for the little ones as the seabed is pebbly and steep, but for those who do not have children it is a destination to be reached absolutely. Due to the presence of pebbles, the water here is clearer than the rest of the Romagna Riviera.
- it can be reached by boat from the port of Gabicce Mare aboard the motor ships arriving at Porto Vallugola, or by car along the panoramic road in 15 minutes - Get directions
- always accessible
6 - Monte San Bartolo
The mountain is part of the regional natural park that bears his name and which extends from Gabicce Mare to the municipality of Pesaro. We advise you to reach the town of Fiorenzuola of Focara. It has an uncontaminated territory of almost 1.600 hectares for 12 km of coastline, it is also characterized by presence of cliffs and caves which on the western Adriatic coast are very rare indeed. Inside it is possible, and recommended, to do hiking, you will also come across migratory birds for which the Mount acts a bit as a reference point, in spring you can observe more than 3.500 birds of prey of different species including the honey buzzard, the marsh harrier and the cuckoo hawk. The park authority always organizes new events and experiences that you can see on their official website.
- from the center of Gabicce Mare it is possible to reach Monte San Bartolo, in the town of Fiorenzuola di Focara, by car in about 15 minutes - Get directions
- always accessible
7 - Gradara
It is a municipality located in the hinterland, which is 5 km from Gabicce Mare and is worth a visit during your trip. It is in fact one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, it was also awarded the Orange Flag and, in 2018, it was proclaimed Borgo dei Borghi. In this case it is really worth getting away from the seaside life of Gabicce, to delve into this really suggestive and characteristic village. The famous and unfortunate love story of Paolo and Francesca, protagonists in Dante's Divine Comedy, is connected to its majestic medieval castle.
- by car from Gabicce Mare in 10 minutes crossing the SP 47. Alternatively you can take the Adriabus bus that from the Palazzo del Turismo reaches the center of Gradara in 30 minutes - Get directions
- always accessible
8 - Aquarium of Cattolica
During your trip you can take the opportunity to reach the famous aquarium. A real journey into the underwater world to discover the mysterious seabed in over 100 display tanks where sharks, penguins, turtles, jellyfish and many other creatures swim. Thanks to this tour from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic and the Pacific, you will discover many curiosities and interesting things such as the history of the planet and its biological evolution, and you will learn about the species that have survived for millions of years. It is an unmissable place for those traveling along the Adriatic coast.
- from the center of Gabicce Mare can be reached by car in 10 minutes. Or, a Start Romagna bus leaves from Cattolica station and arrives at its destination in 10 minutes - Get directions
- Apr-Jun (Apr / May closed on Wednesday) 9: 30-16: 30, Jul-Aug 10: 00-21: 00. Sep-Jan 9: 30-16: 30. It is advisable to consult the site
- € 21,00 full, € 17,00 reduced
- Cattolica: entrance ticket to the aquarium
9 - Archaeological Area of Colombarone
Immersed in the greenery of the Monte San Bartolo Park, it is a site that contains among the many architectural traces also i remains of a Roman villa and an early Christian basilica.
A multimedia video introduces the itinerary with an immersive reconstruction of the rooms of the villa, the finds found during the research are exhibited in the small museum and you will relive the history of the excavations starting from the identification of the site by Annibale Degli Abbati Olivieri. It is a very interesting place to discover, especially if you are a lover of the genre.
- it can be reached in just over 5 minutes by car along the SS 16 - Get directions
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Jun-Sep 10: 00-13: 00 and 16: 30-19: 30, Oct-May 10: 00-13: 00 and 15: 30-18: 30
- € 5,00 full, € 3,00 reduced
10 - The beach of Fiorenzuola di Focara
This beach is a beautiful corner of nature, it is located a few kilometers from Gabicce Mare and if you want to stop in a different and unique beach you can reach this one. It is characterized by its small medieval village overlooking the sea, about 200 meters high, and has a free beach perfect for lovers of tranquility and "not equipped" beaches. From the top of the hill overlooking the sea there are some more or less winding streets that lead to the shore. Many young people in the summer spend most of their days in this beautiful place still untouched by mass tourism.
- in 15 minutes by car along the SS 16, and then take the small winding streets that reach the beach - Get directions
- always accessible
What to see in Gabicce Mare in one day: recommended itinerary
In the morning, after having breakfast at the Garden Bar, reach the free beach to enjoy this marvel that has been awarded the Blue Flag for years. Then move on to the small but beautiful one Vallugola bay, where the water is clearer than the rest of the Romagna Riviera and take advantage of it for a nice swim here too. Stop for lunch at one of the local fish restaurants, Il Falco.
For the afternoon, on the way back, stop at Gabicce Mountain to get away from the chaos of the beaches and relax in the silence of this place. Then reach the neighbor Catholic, which with Gabicce Mare form a single tourist center, so much so that they are connected together simply by a pedestrian bridge. Here, visit theAquarium, a must for those traveling along the Adriatic coast. The best time to find it open also in the evening is in July and August, the rest of the year it closes at 16:30.
For dinner, back in Gabicce Mare, stop by La Nuova Dolce Vita. You will taste their seafood delicacies in a simple restaurant with a familiar atmosphere.
One day itinerary at a glance
- Breakfast at Bar Giardino
- Gabicce Mare beach
- Vallugola bay
- Lunch at Il Falco Bar Restaurant
- Gabicce Mountain
- Cattolica Aquarium (every day 10: 00-21: 00)
- Dinner at La Nuova Dolce Vita
Where to eat in Gabicce Mare: the best restaurants
- The New Dolce Vita: menu of seafood delicacies and pizzas, served in a simple restaurant with a familiar atmosphere and with
- Osteria del Sorriso: menu of meat, fish and artisan platters and first courses, in a well-kept restaurant with a terrace overlooking the coast. Average price per person: € 40,00 Address and contacts: Via del Porto, 33 (Get directions) / tel: 0541 963833
What to do in the evening: the nightlife areas and the best clubs in Gabicce Mare
After spending your days discovering Gabicce Mare and its beautiful nearby places that offer excursions and breathtaking views, for the evening we advise you to move to Cattolica, much more lively and with much more popular clubs. From Gabicce Mare you can reach it even just with a walk crossing the pedestrian bridge over the Tavollo stream, so you will have the opportunity to spend the evening in one of the most evocative and sought-after destinations of the Romagna Riviera. Here we propose a nightclub in Gabicce, for those who do not want to leave the town, and two of the most popular clubs in Cattolica.
The best pubs, clubs and discos
- Imperial Bay: very busy disco with music and events in a majestic venue with columns and statues / Address: Via Panoramica, 36 (Get directions)
- Peledo Bar: popular place located in Cattolica for aperitifs, cocktails and typical Italian dishes / Address: Via Fiume, 60 (Get directions)
- Bikini Disco Dinner: large bathing complex in Cattolica with white furnishings and swimming pool that offers pop, rock and Latin music evenings / Address: Corso Italia, Zona Parco Le Navi (Get directions)
Plan your stay in Gabicce Mare: info and useful tips
- by car taking the A14 motorway and exiting towards the exit towards Cattolica-San Giovanni M.-Gabicce Mare. By train, the reference station is that of Cattolica
- Getting around: definitely on foot or, if you have the opportunity, by bike. The car can be used to move to neighboring towns
- Where to park: the Campo Quadro car park is the most convenient for tourists, it is equipped with a shuttle bus on call 24 hours a day that connects to the center of Gabicce Mare. Hourly rate € 24, daily € 1,00 (Get directions)
- Hotel and b & b starting from 40,00 per room -
- What to see in the surroundings: Cattolica (2 km), Gradara (5 km), Misano Adriatico (7 km), Pesaro (16 km)
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking