Despite the now widespread use of the plane as a means of transport, one in two Italians experiences aerophobic discomfort during the flight. There fear to fly it is a widespread phenomenon and unfortunately, the now known statistics on the safety of air travel are ineffective in reassuring those suffering from this phobia.
Then? How to overcome anxiety and prevent it from turning into real terror? Here is a series of tips and techniques to try to limit anxiety, and why not, definitively solve this annoying problem.
- Practical advice to defeat aerophobia
- Recommended drugs and homeopathic natural remedies: what to take to overcome fear
- Causes of the fear of flying and the role of the media
- Alitalia courses: never fear of flying again
- User questions and comments
Practical advice to defeat aerophobia
There are several methods and tricks for fight this fear:
- Listening or reading: the most immediate is definitely groped for get distracted by listening to music, reading a book or watching a movie;
- Company: it might be useful to travel with a amico or a relative, ready to reassure you, to whom you can ask for help in case of need.
- Notify staff: it is certainly safer to warn the staff of your discomfort, the latter will be careful to pay you more attention during the flight.
Recommended drugs and homeopathic natural remedies: what to take to overcome fear
If the remedies described so far are not enough to relieve anxiety, it may be useful to resort to the use of drugs which tranquilizers and anxiolytics or to some homeopathic remedies, or dilutions of substances of animal, vegetable or mineral origin. Many travelers testify to having been able to overcome the fear of flying by resorting to the recruitment of remedies of this type, above all:
- Bach flowers;
- Flower therapy.
Regarding drugs, absolutely avoid taking initiatives without consulting your doctor first. Ask your doctor if you should take them and, if so, which ones are more suitable for your discomfort, but do not rely on other sources such as websites or recommendations from friends.
Causes of the fear of flying and the role of the media
Often Aerophobia is nothing more than the indirect manifestation of other phobias such as claustrophobia and fear of heights; however in some extreme cases it can be linked to precedents trauma such as the loss of relatives and friends in a plane crash. In recent years i mass media and cinema have played a fundamental role in contributing to the spread of this phobia through sensationalization of air disasters.
Alitalia courses: never fear of flying again
Another method of gaining trust is to read up on the technical aspects and deepen the knowledge of the flight phases. Most airlines organize interesting courses to help travelers who are anxious about this experience. The national company Alitalia has created the program "Want to fly": a seminar dedicated to those who show the symptoms of aerophobia.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking