Gothenburg, is a city located in southern Sweden, in the county of Vastra Gotaland, ed it is the second largest city by population after Stockholm, the fifth in all of Northern Europe. It is a young resort, with one lively nightlife and international events, but at the same time you can feel a relaxed and familiar atmosphere. Furthermore, it is also known for its delicious culinary tradition! Also perfect as a base for exploring the surrounding areas. So let's see together what they are the best day trips around Gothenburg.
- Högakull Nature Reserve
- Söderåsen National Park
- User questions and comments
1 - Högakull Nature Reserve
La Högakull Nature Reserve is located west of Gothenburg, about 192 kilometers away. You can reach the reserve in just under 2 and a half hours by car, the only way to reach your destination. In addition, we recommend a rental car as you can freely turn around the area.
The Högakull Nature Reserve is located exactly on the western shore of Rymmen, a lake straddling the County of Jönköping and the County of Kronoberg, and covers approximately 4,5 hectares. It was established in 1969 with the aim to preserve biodiversity who lives in this area and to provide citizens and visitors with a space to be in contact with nature, favoring outdoor activities. In the reserve you will find a parking lot, several rest areas and an information panel with all the information on the area and on the hiking trails.
- Range: 192 km
- 192 kilometers from Gothenburg; reachable in 2 hours and 20 minutes by car - Get directions
- always accessible
- free admission
2 - Helsingborg
Helsingborg is a Swedish city located in the county of Scania, south of Gothenburg, about 219 kilometers away. Reaching it is really very simple: by renting a car it will take you just over two hours, the same time as the direct train that connects the two cities.
Helsingborg was founded in 1085 and originally came from Denmark, in fact on the Danish territory is the city of Helsingør. Following a series of wars, in 1658 the city came under the rule of Sweden. The the beating heart of the city is Stortoget, the long square that overlooks the sea, Kullagatan, the shopping street, starts from the center of the square, where you will probably meet many Danes, who come to Helsingborg to shop because of the much cheaper prices. Certainly, you must not miss a visit to the Castello Solfiero, which with its wonderful gardens won the prize of the most beautiful park in Europe in 2010.
- Range: 219 km
- 219 kilometers from Gothenburg; reachable in 2 hours and 12 by car or by direct train from Gothenburg Central Station to Helsingborg Central Station, journey time 2 hours and 13 minutes - Get directions
- the city is always accessible; Castello di Solfiero is open every day from 10:00 to 18:00
- admission to Castello di Solfiero costs 120 SEK (approximately € 11,30)
3 - Söderåsen National Park
Il Söderåsen National Park it is located south of Gothenburg, about 228 kilometers away. It can be easily reached by car and the travel time is just under 2 and a half hours. Furthermore, it is only 46 kilometers from Helsingborg, to which it is also connected by several buses: the stop at the main entrance is called Skäralid, while the one at the southern entrance is Röstånga (busstn). One solution could be to combine the two visits into one day.
Söderåsen National Park, which covers 1.652 hectares, was founded in 2001 with the aim of preserve this area rich in diverse landscapes and its biodiversity. The activities to do inside are so many, from excursions on foot, by car, fishing and cycling. Moreover, it is perfect to be visited in any season. At the main entrance of Skäralid you will find the Information Center, where you can learn more about the park and will be given various tips on all the paths and trails in the park.
- Range: 228 km
- 228 kilometers from Gothenburg; reachable in 2 hours and 17 minutes by car or by train from station to station, travel time - Get directions
- always accessible, the Information Center is open from May to November from 12:00 to 16:00
- free entry
4 - Lund
Lund it is located south of Gothenburg, at a distance of approximately 262 kilometers by car. You can reach your destination in two hours and 37 by car or by train arriving in Malmö and from there take the direct to Lund. The latter, in fact, is less than 20 minutes by car from Malmö and you could combine visits to the two cities in a single day.
Lund is a small medieval village, characterized by cobbled streets and traditional half-timbered houses. Here you will find a completely different atmosphere than the modern one in Malmö. You will seem to do a real step back in time. Despite this ancient side, Lund is one very young city with a great nightlife, a fact also due to its being one campus. During your visit you cannot miss the Lund Cathedral and its astronomical clock from 1400, which rings every day at 12:00 and 15:00 and the mechanism plays a medieval song. Enjoy a walk in the Lindagard city park and through the streets of the old town.
- Range: 262 km
- 262 kilometers from Gothenburg; reachable in 2 hours 37 minutes by car or by direct train from Gothenburg Central Station to Lund Central Station, total travel time 2 hours 43 minutes - Get directions
- the city is always accessible; Lund Cathedral is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 18:00, Saturdays from 9:30 to 17:00, Sundays from 9:30 to 18:00; visits are prohibited during the celebration of mass.
- admission to Lund Cathedral is free
- Lund and Malmö: guided tour of 2 countries in one day
5 - Malmö
Malmo, connected to Denmark via the Øresund bridge, it is located south of Gothenburg, at a distance of about 272 kilometers by car. You can reach your destination in two hours and 43 by car or by direct train in little more time.
Malmö has a beautiful old town, which develops mainly around two squares, Stora Torget and Lilla Torget, where some of the most important attractions of the city overlook. Given the reduced time, we recommend that you already prepare a program of things to see. Definitely do not miss a walk through the streets of Gamla Staden,the heart of the city, full of colorful medieval-style houses, and a visit to Malmö Castle, Sweden's oldest Renaissance fortress. Also, you can make a quick jump into Denmark, crossing the Øresund bridge, which connects the city to the Danish capital, Copenhagen.
- Range: 272 km
- 272 kilometers from Gothenburg; reachable in 2 hours 43 minutes by car or by train from Gothenburg Central Station to Malmö Central Station, journey time 2 hours and 53 minutes - Get directions
- the city is always accessible; Malmö Castle is open daily from 10:00 to 17:00
- Admission to Malmö Castle costs 40 SEK (approximately € 3,70)
- Malmö Private Walking Tour Malmö: Scenic Boat Tour Malmö: 6-Hour Denmark and Sweden Tour
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking