What is the best way to spend Easter Monday? We want to satisfy everyone by offering a range of alternative solutions.
Ladies and gentlemen, here are a few tips for spending Easter Monday in Italy in the Northern, Central and Southern regions: come on places to visit by camper up to things to do if it rains, or if you really don't want to binge on food until you burst ...
- Destinations for Easter Monday in Northern Italy
- Destinations for Easter Monday in Central Italy
- Destinations for Easter Monday in Southern Italy
- Where to go by Camper
- What to do if it rains
- User questions and comments
Destinations for Easter Monday in Northern Italy
1 - Milan and surroundings - Lombardy
Italian capital of fashion, Milan is a city with endless proposals for all tastes. Teens, families, couples, art, nature or fun lovers! With Milan you are on the safe side.
Tradition has it that you have a picnic in Parco Sempione or the Montanelli Gardens, but if you want to move around the capital for a moment, there will be no lack of alternative solutions: festivals, events, and if time permits, a walk near Lake Como is always a good idea ...
- To do : day at the Sempione Park or the Montanelli Gardens (classic solution), visit to museums or excursions in the Lombard surroundings in search of festivals and events, such as the collective Pic-Nic at the Torba Monastery
- hotel and b & b starting from € 58,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 349,00 per person - discover the offer
- Ticket for the Duomo and Terraces Tour with guide of Leonardo's Last Supper
2 - Bergamo and surroundings - Lombardy
In the main towns of the province, the day of open castles. Similar events are also organized in the other northern regions.
If you prefer to stay in the city, there are still many green areas ideal for picnics or walks.
Bergamo too, like Milan, is not far from the major lakes (Lake Garda, Lake Como or Lake Iseo).
- To do : a tour in the Upper Bergamo certainly, without missing some obligatory stops such as the city walls or the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. If you have time, in less than an hour you can reach Lecco, Como and Lake Garda
- hotel and b & b from € 56,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 350,00 per person - discover the offer
- Guided excursion in the upper town tour in Franciacorta with wine tasting
3 - Trento and surroundings - Trentino Alto Adige
Another solution is the capital of Trentino, ideal for those who love mountain landscapes and the days spent among the natural parks!
Fra Trento, the Valley of the Lakes and all the castles in the surroundings, there is fun!
Once again, the protagonist in the surroundings is Lake Garda: if you can't resist the temptation of a stroll along the lakefront, Riva del Garda is just 50 km away.
- To do : on the occasion of the Easter holidays the castles in the surrounding area open: Buonconsigli, Thun, Castel Stenico and Castel Beseno. Castello di Avio also opens its doors for Easter Monday!
- Hotel and b & b from € 60,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 369,00 per person - discover the offer
- City walking tour Day trip to the Dolomites
4 - Bologna, Parma and surroundings - Emilia Romagna
Bologna is a bit like the center of the world. The city is beautiful, ideal for walking around. If that wasn't enough, in the blink of an eye you can reach wherever you want!
There is certainly no lack of alternatives in Parma. One of the most prosperous centers of Emilia Romagna is being prepared in grand style, and with all the corollary of villages and hamlets of the province: from Bardi, Fontanellato, Santa Maria del Piano, Salsomaggiore and so on and so forth!
See also: 10 things to see in Bologna what to see in Parma
- To do : in Bologna the custom is the picnic in San Luca on the lawn. The alternative is a picnic at the Castello di Monteveglio and in the Valsamoggia. But then you will find as many festivals as you want! In Parma, outings by bicycle, picnics, guided tours in the historic center. The Castle opens its doors in Bardi, with historic markets and activities for young and old. Also in Traversetolo a medieval Easter with figures, fire eaters, jugglers and games for children
- hotel and b & b from € 60,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 380,00 per person - discover the offer
- private tour with local guide half day excursion to Ravenna
5 - Udine and surroundings - Friuli Venezia Giulia
Here the snow season is still in vogue, should anyone want to reach the snowy peaks. For others, Udine and its surroundings reserve a lot of activities for all tastes!
In the city the civic museums open their doors, in the surroundings the Fusine lakes offer a truly unique set for your Easter Monday picnic!
Alternatively, you can go to the mountains between the Carnic Alps and the Julian Pre-Alps.
- To do : Civic museums open in Udine, you could take advantage of them for a visit. The surroundings are fantastic: in Torlano di Nimis there is a party among the vineyards of Mount Bernadia and on the shores of the Fusine lakes there is a picnic with egg hunts!
- hotel and b & b from € 55,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 394,00 per person - discover the offer
Destinations for Easter Monday in Central Italy
1 - Volterra and surroundings - Tuscany
Equally fascinating is the "homage of Spring" in Volterra in the province of Pisa, in which flag-wavers pay homage to the "return of light" by showing off their skills in the streets of the historic center.
Furthermore, the location is excellent for out-of-town excursions in the surrounding area: less than 50 km away is Siena and less than 30 San Gimignano and the Val d'Elsa.
- To do : Historical parade and Spring Tribute in the morning, then guided tours of historic Volterra, to discover the Etruscan roots, and excursions to the symbolic places of local crafts
- hotel and b & b from € 36,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 419,00 per person - discover the offer
- Volterra Evening Tour One day tour to San Gimignano and Volterra
2 - Rome and surroundings - Lazio
The capital is always the capital, and offers sensational activities every day of the year ... let alone Easter Monday! For the picnic lovers, green areas are certainly not lacking, as well as the most chic solutions for those who want to be pampered. In the surroundings and in the nearby provinces, spring is blossoming and there are plenty of activities for young and old!
- To do : many museums open their doors, if you love cultural visits, it is a great opportunity. Alternatively, if you have children and teenagers, you can go to Rainbow Magic Land. Excursions in the surroundings? Lake Canterno, in the province of Frosinone, a small natural paradise, Villa Gregoriana in TiFlights, open to the public for picnics, and Lake Bolsena, in the province of Viterbo, for a "total relaxation" Easter Monday!
- hotel and b & b starting from € 57,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 314,00 per person - discover the offer
- Excursion to TiFlights with a visit to Villa d'Este and Villa Adriana, Colosseum and Roman Forum
3 - Umbrian villages
Da Perugia to Assisi, Gubbio, Spello, the Umbrian proposal in terms of villages is second to none. And you know, in these villages the party atmosphere is always special!
Furthermore, the geography of the region lends itself well, thanks to an important naturalistic component and the proximity of Trasimeno lake!
- To do : Picnic on the lakefront, for those who want to combine the tradition of a picnic in an exceptional location. Trekking lovers will be able to "climb" Mount Subasio in the footsteps of the path of San Francesco. If you feel like nature, you can go to the border towards the Frasassi Caves or picnic on the Alviano Lake. Finally, if you want to stay "in the city", in Spoleto concerts, music and tastings a go-go!
- hotel and b & b starting from € 45,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 374,00 per person - discover the offer
- Pic nic in Assisi with wine tasting Tour of the Umbrian villages: Cascia, Norcia and Marmore Falls
4 - Lucca and Garfagnana - Tuscany
One of the most beautiful provinces and areas of the boot, with food and wine tours exciting. Tuscany, once again, invites us to celebrate the Monday of the Angel among lakes, castles and, of course, a mouth-watering gastronomic proposal!
- To do : in the Garfagnana Valley lakes invade, with Pentecosis in the front row. Alternatively, a picnic at the Mont'Alfonso Fortress, picnic in the parks or stay and lunch in a farmhouse
- hotel and b & b starting from € 45,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 386,00 per person - discover the offer
- Excursion to the hills of Garfagnana from Lucca
Destinations for Easter Monday in Southern Italy
1 - Amalfi Coast and Cilento Valley - Campania
You wonder what to do in Campania near Naples? Think for example of the breathtaking beauty of the Amalfi Coast and the naturalistic opportunities of Cilento Park... from trekking to climbing, to the classic picnic, a lot of activities await you!
- To do : Trekking, mountain biking, horseback riding or donkey rides in the Cilento Valley, as well as an equipped area and a play area for children. For young people, the La Grotta di Palinuro disco organizes Easter Monday happy hours by the pool. In Salerno many shows and open-air city concerts are organized. In the province, the area of the river Calore, between Serre and Campagna, is dotted with well-kept picnic areas: ideal for a picnic in the countryside and in relaxation!
- hotel and b & b from € 49,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 302,00 per person - discover the offer
- Amalfi Coast day trip from Sorrento Amalfi coast and Pompeii tour from Rome
2 - Vesuvius, Pompeii and Caserta - Campania
Even lovers of history and art have bread for their teeth. Pompeii and Caserta, with their surroundings and their historical heritage, are ideal destinations for trips with the whole family. Perfect destinations for combine the flavors of Campania and historical excursions!
- To do : It is in fact possible to visit the excavations of Pompeii (exceptionally open to the public for the occasion), or the wonderful Royal Palace of Caserta. If you love villages, Caserta Vecchia is the top as green areas or traditional taverns! finally, Vesuvius offers a series of itineraries between green areas and paths
- hotel and b & b from € 51,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 241,00 per person - discover the offer
- Half day excursion to Pompeii from Naples or Sorrento Private Pompeii tour with an archaeologist Vesuvius excursion and tour from Naples
3 - Palermo and surroundings - Sicily
Even in Sicily there is no shortage of fabulous pearls. In the surroundings of Palermo we recommend you Mondello e Cefalù, seaside resort not to be missed. It is also located in the Province of Palermo Prizzi, town where the traditional "Ballu di li DiaFlights" is held on the occasion of Easter.
- To do : classic picnic in the green areas of the city: the Favorita park, the Foro Italico. The top is the Bosco di Ficuzza park, near Corleone. For an out-of-town excursion, if the temperatures are pleasant, nearby Mondello or the delightful Cefalù are ideal for young and old. And if we miss a dip ...
- hotel and b & b from € 47,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 309,00 per person - discover the offer
- Palermo tour with a local guide Walking tour between street food and history Half day excursion to Monreale and Cefalù
4 - Trapani and surroundings - Sicily
In the parts of Trapani nothing is really missing. archaeological areas like Selinunte and Segesta, medieval villages like Erice and Salemi, and more naturalistic areas like Bosco d'Alcamo, Lago Arancio, the Reserve of Gorghi Tondi.
- To do : generally the time here is generous: take advantage of it for a walk through history at the Archaeological Park of Selinunte or Segesta, perhaps with lunch on the seafront. If you love picnics, there are so many nature reserves. For excursions to nearby villages, we recommend Erice and Marsala: here you can visit the Saline Reserve and the Stagnone Lagoon, and choose from the many farmhouses in the surrounding area
- hotel and b & b from € 44,00 per night -
- Flight + hotel weekend Easter Monday (4 days / 3 nights): from € 412,00 per person - discover the offer
- Guided excursion to Segesta, Erice and Saline di Trapani
Where to go by Camper
Trips out of town are a great classic, like picnics and big meat binges. And if you have an objectively fantastic vehicle like the Camper, a really nice tour on four wheels is an ideal solution.
Whether it's a trip with family or friends, little changes! Here are three interesting itineraries to consider:
- Courmayeur in the Aosta Valley:
The small municipality is a great place for a motorhome trip. On Easter Monday it is possible to visit the town markets with local handicraft products and artifacts.
- Urbania in the Marche:
In the Marche there is the beautiful town of Urbania, where the traditional game "Punta e Cul" is held, a fight with hard-boiled eggs in which the winner is whoever manages to keep their egg intact. The children will certainly have fun.
- Scicli in Sicily:
The Easter celebrations are absolutely felt in the beautiful Scicli, a town in the province of Ragusa in Sicily. It is an excellent solution to watch the traditional Easter Sunday procession in which a crowd of boys takes possession of the statue of Omu Vivu and raises it carrying it on their shoulders through the streets of the town. On Easter Monday, on the other hand, you can move by camper to the municipalities of the Val di Noto, to discover precious baroque testimonies, recognized as humanitarian heritage by Unesco.
What to do if it rains
What if bad weather gets in the way? Here 5 interesting ideas to consider if it rains on Easter Monday.
- Visit Exhibitions and Museums
- Shopping in large shopping centers
- Watch a movie in the cinema
- Enjoy a lunch at the Agriturismo
- Relax in a thermal center or a SPA