When mum and dad need a vacation, but have their little ones to look after, the choice of vacation is not always easy. Sometimes it really seems that you are at a crossroads: is it better to choose a nice adventurous trip or prefer comfort? In reality there is a solution capable of combining both things: the cruise.
This travel formula is certainly the winning choice for those who have children with them. Cruise ships are floating luxury hotels that follow guests to each destination, so that the visit of many places can easily coincide with the necessary comfort for small children. They have swimming pools, entertainment, excellent services, shops, restaurants and that's why they are there best solution for the family.
- 10 tips and useful info
- What to pack?
- Which cruise to choose with children
- User questions and comments
10 tips and useful info
- To save money book well in advance your cruise, perhaps choosing the low season periods or taking advantage of current offers. With any luck, the children will travel for free!
- Rely only on reputable companies that can give you guarantees and with which you are sure to travel with all the comforts.
- Be well informed about necessary documents for the little ones and check the deadlines, to make sure you have everything ready on time.
- Make a list of supplies for the children, especially if they are babies. The little ones can also have very special needs and for this reason it is advisable to make a detailed list of everything they may need. In fact, to travel safely, the key word is organization!
- When you book the cruise, read all the conditions carefully so as not to run into unpleasant last minute surprises.
- If you have bulky things like the passeggino, ask for all the information to find out if there are particular conditions or limitations.
- If the children are older the best thing is to involve them in the organization of holidays, to start everything in the right spirit. Tell them about the animation and all the nice things they will find on the ship.
- If the child is small, bring with you the things he is most fond of, however make him feel comfortable. The change, even if it's a nice trip, could be traumatizing, so you have to do what you can not to disturb him.
- Once on the ship it is fine visit the little ones, explaining the dangers there and teaching them to identify the people to turn to in case they get lost or need help.
- You will definitely not lose sight of your baby, especially when you step off the ship. In all cases, since prevention is never too much, you might think about putting a bracelet with satellite link or at least one of those with his references written.
What to pack?
Every mother knows her little one well and knows what she needs every day, but it should be remembered that it is good to foresee any emergencies. Even if it is hot, it is better to also bring warmer clothes to dress them "onion". On the ship there are also restaurants so with comfortable / sporty clothes it is better to bring something nicer for the evening.
The environment of the ship, although comfortable and well served, is new for little ones who may feel a little seasick or have some fever in the first few days: this is normal and there is no need to worry. If you have drugs, take them anyway. In all cases there is always a doctor on board. Do not forget all the essentials for the toilet, diapers, wipes, milk and sunscreen.
Which cruise to choose with children
There are many cruises to choose from for this reason mum and dad can easily choose the destination of their dreams, based on the budget and the days they have available. In all cases they will have the guarantee of a top service, especially by choosing the leading companies in the sector. Here are some ideas.
1 - Cruise in the Mediterranean
Le cruises on the Mediterranean they are many and different (about fifty), it all depends on the countries you want to touch and the duration of the trip: they range from France to Spain, passing through the most beautiful ports, including Italian ones. Or from the Adriatic, passing through the east coast of Croatia, reaching as far as Greece and Turkey. for more information on the Mediterranean cruise.
- How much: between 300 and 1500 euros approximately depending on the duration and the destinations chosen
- Bring in evidence: among the main ports there are Marseille, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Cagliari, Dubrovnik, Kefalonia, Santorini, Corfu, Dubai, Valletta, Athens are just a few.
- Ideal period: April-October
- Ports of departure: to be chosen from Rome (Civitavecchia), Venice, Naples, Bari, Cagliari, Catania
2 - Cruise between the cities of Northern Europe
A unique and unrepeatable tour that stands out from the usual cruises that allows you to visit the most beautiful cities overlooking the North Sea, with all the comfort that only a cruise ship can offer.
- How much: between 500 and 1200 euros approximately depending on the duration and the destinations chosen
- Bring in evidence: Bergen, Copenhagen, St. Petersburg, Tallin are just a few.
- Ideal period: March-October
- Ports of departure: a choice between Amsterdam, Bremerhamen, Copenhagen, Hamburg
3 - Cruise on the Indian Ocean
The Indian Ocean is certainly the most spectacular of all because it contains some of the most beautiful islands in the world, commonly known as true tropical paradises. The ancient history of the lands overlooking these waters means that during the journey you can really see wonderful things, enjoying every comfort in the adventure as only a cruise can offer.
- How much: between 1000 and 1900 euros approximately depending on the duration and the destinations chosen
- Bring in evidence: Male, New Mangalore, Cochin, Colombo, Tamatave, Victoria, Salalah are just a few.
- Ideal period: October-March
- Ports of departure: a choice between Bombay, Port Luis, Venice