From couples who want to spend a romantic honeymoon to families who want tranquility, up to the kids looking for fun: the Greek Islands satisfy any desire!
With a Cruise to the Greek Islands you will immerse yourself in the heart of history through the many cultural sites, in unspoiled places, breathtaking beaches and picturesque coves ... every corner is waiting to be discovered.
- When to go? The best time for a cruise to the Greek Islands
- How much does a cruise to the Greek Islands cost? Prices, tips and itinerary
- Cruise itinerary
- User questions and comments
- Request a personalized quote
When to go? The best time for a cruise to the Greek Islands
- Best time: summer, because the heat is mitigated by the winds that come from the sea and the water for swimming is warmer. However, it is better to choose spring and early summer and autumn, when the weather is pleasant and you will avoid the crowds of tourists.
- Period to avoid: winter, rainier and cooler.
- Advice: a cruise to the Greek islands is ideal for both a relaxing family trip and a romantic holiday for couples. Book well in advance to find interesting offers.
To visit the island, go hiking and walking, travel from mid-April to mid-June, you will avoid the great heat; while you prefer summer if you want to swim (especially July and August).
There are no particularly narrow paths where physical strength is needed, but be prepared to walk for a long time in the archaeological areas using comfortable shoes. Finally, bear in mind that the sun beats down strongly in summer, so protect yourself adequately.
Climate, Average Temperatures and Precipitation
The Greek Islands have a Mediterranean climate, with mild and rainy winters, and hot and sunny summers.
La average daily temperature in summer it oscillates between 26 ° C and 28 ° C, with peaks of 31 ° C in July and August. In winter it moves between 5 ° C and 10 ° C, with highs of 16 ° C. The rainfall they are concentrated mostly between October and March, with the wettest months November and December.
The wind blows frequently: in winter it is cold, while in the summer months the meltemi blows, a wind that reduces the sensation of heat and keeps the sea temperature cool. In fact, in summer it is around 23 ° C in the Aegean islands, while for the Ionian islands it is slightly higher, 26 ° C in August.
Here are the Average temperatures and rainfall in Corfu:
How much does a cruise to the Greek Islands cost? Prices, tips and itinerary
- Price: from a minimum of € 1.200 to a maximum of € 2.500 including intercontinental transfers, full board, cabin and any excursions
- Recommended duration: minimum 8 days, ideal 13
- Companies that organize cruises to the Greek Islands: MSC, Costa, Celestyal, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Variety, Regent
- Custom quote: to request a personalized quote
There are different types of itineraries, which generally vary according to the company and the duration. The one below is just one of the many Greek islands cruise itineraries.
- Departure from Venice or Bari. Accommodation on the cruise and visit of the city of departure.
- One day stop in Mykonos. On the island of Mykonos you will be able to appreciate the cultural riches and natural treasures of the island: the famous four windmills (Kato Mili), the monastery of Panagia Tourliani and splendid beaches. Do not miss the opportunity for excursions to the nearby islands and to Ftelia Beach, a wild and isolated beach north of Mykonos.
- Stop in Heraklion (Crete) of 6 hours. Connected to the port of Piraeus and the Cyclades by sea crossings, it is an unmissable stop for a cruise to the Greek Islands. Here you can discover Cretan historical remains, explore the fortress of Koules and the archaeological area of Knossos. You cannot miss a visit to the archaeological museum of Heraklion, which houses a large collection of Minoan art. Departure for Corfu.
- Arrival in Corfu and 7 hours and 30 minutes stopover. You will observe its picturesque landscapes, made of jagged mountains and seaside resorts along the coast. You will see its cultural heritage reflecting the years passed under the Venetian, French and English governments, the winding medieval streets, a French-style arcade and the grand Palace of San Michele and San Giorgio. Departure in the evening for Dubronovnik.
- Arrival in Dubrovnik (Croatia) and 6 hours and 30 minutes stopover. You can stroll in its ancient port, in its interesting medieval historical center, discover the wonderful fortress of Bokar. In addition, there is the possibility of excursions to the island of Lokrum. Departure for Venice.
- Return to the port of Venice or Bari to organize the return.
The Greek Islands cover a fifth of the surface of the territory of Greece. Their number exceeds 6.000 units, including islets, smaller islets and rocks; but of these only 227 are inhabited.
The islands of Greece are divided into 7 archipelagos, most of which are found in the Mar Egeo, and in two large islands: Crete, with its southern coast washed by the Libyan Sea and Euboea, located off the coast of eastern mainland Greece. The other islands are located in the Ionian Sea.
What to bring in your suitcase?
In winter bring warm clothes, a jacket and an umbrella or raincoat.
In summer light, comfortable and breathable clothes, a sweatshirt or jacket for cool evenings, which occur especially in June. Those who feel cold will also feel it in July and August, due to the intense winds. Bring sunglasses, sunscreen and a sun hat. Do not forget comfortable shoes, swimsuit, beach towel and elegant clothes, for the evenings on the ship, a small medical kit.
Travel informed: useful information
- Islands and cities concerned: the major islands are Crete, Rhodes, Euboea, Lesbos, Chios, Kefalonia, Corfu, Limnos, Naxos and Samos. Interested cities include Mykonos, Corfu, Olaka, Kos, Hydra, Skiathos, Rhodes, Zakynthos, Chora
- Languages: modern Greek
- Local currency: EUR
- Weather: Mediterranean climate / The average temperature in January is 9-10 ° C, that of August is 25 ° C.
- vaccinations: no vaccination required
- Entry requirements: valid passport or identity card
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking