It is increasingly known how much smog, infected waters and waste are elements that put the health of the planet and people at risk.
According to the World Health Organization i climate changes, temperatures and carbon dioxide levels are among the causes of death millions of people every year.
Furthermore, it must be considered that unhealthy air is not only harmful to physical health but also to mental health and in the long run air pollution causes unhappiness.
In reverse where the air is cleaner, the population tends to be more serene.
Here is a classification of the least polluted cities in the world according to Numbeo, the company that has been monitoring and classifying the "pollution index" for years.
- Top 10 Least polluted cities in the world
- Top 10 least polluted cities in Europe
- Top 10 Least Polluted Cities in Africa
- Top 10 least polluted cities in South America
- Top 5 Less polluted cities Central America
- Top 10 Least Polluted Cities in North America
- Top 10 Least Polluted Cities in Asia
- Top 10 Least Polluted Cities in Oceania
- User questions and comments
The ranking is based on the data collected by Numbeo on the Pollution Index. The value is the resultant of the following pollution indices:
- Air quality
- Access to drinking water
- Water pollution
- Waste management
- Public perception of cleanliness and order
- Sound and light pollution at night
- Presence of public green
- Degree of discomfort in experiencing the city due to pollution
The Pollution Index, however, attributes greater weight to the items concerning air and water pollution and less to other indices such as noise pollution and the degree of discomfort of the population.