This time we are on the seafront of Seattle, in the State of Washington: the recipe we will talk about is not something far from us, it is the Cedar Plank Salmon, or wild salmon cooked on a bar of Cedar wood.
This method of cooking fish originates from the Native Americans of Pacifico north-west and the delicate scent of wood certainly makes this culinary experience special and different from the classic preparation of salmon.
Cooking salmon on wooden boards is a simple technique to use with BBQ or in the oven, but which involves small precautions in the preparation and cooking phase: in fact, it is necessary to immerse the cedar slab in water for at least 2 hours, up to 12 hours. Salmon is usually also previously marinated in wine.
Of course there are variations of the recipe based on personal tastes, for example you can cook raw, marinated or pickled salmon fillets and season them with dill, honey, lemon; in other cases, sesame oil or seeds or cane sugar are used for the dressing. Most of the time a sauce is prepared in which the protagonist is there soy.
- 1 salmon steak already barbed
- oil, salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- a pinch of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
Immerse the cedar stick in water for at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce, setting aside 2 tablespoons to wet the fish during cooking. Clean and brush the grill properly, then prepare a two-zone fire for lively cooking.
Brush the salmon with oil on both sides and season the pulp with salt and pepper. Remove the dough from the water and immediately place it on the direct cooking grill, allowing it to heat until the edges darken and start to smoke for about 3-5 minutes (making sure that the dough does not catch fire).
Move it over the indirect heat by turning it upside down so that the more burnt side is facing up. Place the salmon on top with the skin down. Grill over indirect heat, with the lid closed for as long as possible, until the salmon is pink at the heart and darker at the sides (about 25-30 minutes).
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking