A blue flag beach is synonymous with a beach with clean waters and efficient services and every year the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) draws up a ranking dedicated to these beaches. In 2021, 385 Italian ones were awarded, scattered along the coasts of the peninsula.
Here the list of blue flag beaches 2021 in Sicily.
- Blue flag beaches in Agrigento and its province
- Blue flag beaches in Messina and its province
- Blue flag beaches in Ragusa and its province
- User questions and comments
Blue flag beaches in Agrigento and its province
- menfi: Lido Fiori Bertolino (Get directions), Porto Palo Cipollazzo (Get directions)
Blue flag beaches in Messina and its province
- Tusa: Spiaggia Lampare (Get directions), Spiaggia Marina (Get directions)
- Lipari: Stromboli Ficogrande (Get directions), Vulcano Gelso (Get directions), ... Vulcano Acque Termali (Get directions), Canneto (Get directions), Acquacalda (Get directions)
- Santa Teresa di Riva: Promenade of Santa Teresa di Riva (Get directions)
Blue flag beaches in Ragusa and its province
- ispica: Ciriga I stretch (Get directions), Ciriga II stretch (Get directions), Ciriga III stretch (Get directions), Santa Maria del Focallo (Get directions)
- Pozzallo: Pietre Nere (Get directions), Raganzino (Get directions)
- Ragusa: Marina di Ragusa (Get directions)
The criteria for awarding the Blue Flag
It is one of the most important awards for beaches and bathing places. But how are they evaluated? It is not at all easy to get the blue flag. To do this, you need to have the program requirements.
In general, we can say that there are two types of requirements: the imperative ones and the guiding ones.
Those imperatives must all be respected. For those driving, the more there are, the more likely you are to get recognition.
The requirements concern the following 4 thematic areas:
- Environmental education and information: for example, information on water quality, local ecosystems, a code of conduct, ...
- Water quality: for example, the beach must fully comply with the sampling and analysis requirements of bathing water, must comply with the directives on waste water treatment, ...
- Environmental management: for example, the beach must be clean, there must be bins for recycling, toilets and changing rooms, ...
- Services and security: for example, there must be an adequate number of lifeguards, first aid equipment, ...
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking