The Blue Flag is the recognition that comes awarded by the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) every year to the best beaches in the country, following specific criteria concerning both the quality of services and environmental management, precisely with the main objective of directing the local management policy of many seaside resorts towards a process of environmental sustainability.
Here the list of blue flag beaches 2021 in Calabria.
- Blue flag beaches in Catanzaro and its province
- Blue flag beaches in Cosenza and its province
- Blue flag beaches in Crotone and its province
- Blue flag beaches in reggio calabria and its province
- User questions and comments
Blue flag beaches in Catanzaro and its province
- Soverato: Baia Dell'Ippocampo (Get directions)
- Sellia Marina: Località Ruggero (Get directions), San Vincenzo-Sena (Get directions), Jonio-Rivachiara (Get directions)
Blue flag beaches in Cosenza and its province
- Roseto Capo Spulico: Lungomare (Get directions)
- trebisacce: Lungomare Sud - Riviera dei Saraceni (Get directions), Viale Magna Grecia (Get directions), Riviera delle Palme (Get directions)
- San Nicola Arcella: Arcomagno / Canale Grande Marinella (Get directions)
- Praia a Mare: Camping Internazionale / Punta Fiuzzi (Get directions)
- Tortora: La Pineta / Fiume Noce (Get directions)
- Villapiana: Villapiana Scalo (Get directions), Villapiana Lido (Get directions)
Blue flag beaches in Crotone and its province
- Cirò Marina: Punta Alice (Get directions), Cervara / Madonna di mare (Get directions)
- Melissa: Litorale Torre Melissa (Get directions)
Blue flag beaches in Reggio Calabria and its province
- Roccella Jonica: Lido (Get directions)
The criteria for awarding the Blue Flag
It is one of the most important awards for beaches and bathing places. But how are they evaluated? It is not at all easy to get the blue flag. To do this, you need to have the program requirements.
In general, we can say that there are two types of requirements: the imperative ones and the guiding ones.
Those imperatives must all be respected. For those driving, the more there are, the more likely you are to get recognition.
The requirements concern the following 4 thematic areas:
- Environmental education and information: for example, information on water quality, local ecosystems, a code of conduct, ...
- Water quality: for example, the beach must fully comply with the sampling and analysis requirements of bathing water, must comply with the directives on waste water treatment, ...
- Environmental management: for example, the beach must be clean, there must be bins for recycling, toilets and changing rooms, ...
- Services and security: for example, there must be an adequate number of lifeguards, first aid equipment, ...
Most Interesting Articles
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see