Madagascar is a truly unique country thanks to the presence of natural wonders such as sandstone canyons, forests of all kinds as well as 5.000 km of coastline.
This country offers numerous outdoor activities such as hiking, diving, kitesurfing, rock climbing and many others, including of course the wonderful beaches and natural pools for a fabulous relaxation. Advisable though take out travel insurance able to cover any medical expenses and thefts that may occur, unfortunately growing in the country. Here are the best Madagascar travel insurance with costs and advice:
- Allianz Global Assistance
- Columbus Insurance
- Frontier Insurance
- Price comparison
- Is travel insurance in Madagascar mandatory?
- Why do health insurance: risks and dangers
- How to choose travel insurance
- User questions and comments
Easy travel insurance with customizable coverage, assistance around the world 24 hours and 365 days a year and no down payment for medical expenses. Plus the new one Heymondo app with free service call e contingency management always at hand. You can choose between one temporary policy, valid for a single trip and one multi-trip policy which covers possible trips in 12 months. Each trip can last up to 30 days, so at least every 30 days you must return to the country of residence. Both solutions include: medical expenses, theft and damage to baggage, repatriation and early return, transfer of a family member or companion in the event of hospitalization or death of the insured person, home assistance, home assistance (in Italy), Trip interruption, 24-hour travel assistance and legal assistance. Among the various policies to choose from:
- Travel Tranquility: includes medical expenses, early return and travel assistance
- Travel Top: includes medical expenses, early return, travel assistance and damage from loss or damage to luggage during the trip
- Premium travel: includes medical expenses, early return, travel assistance, loss or damage to luggage during the trip and the cancellation of the trip which will allow you to have a refund
Allianz Global Assistance
It is the travel policy that guarantees health assistance 24 hours a day and direct payment of medical expenses. There is awide range of additional guarantees, such as baggage insurance or your smartphone or tablet, compensation for flight delays or for expenses to extend your stay following an unforeseen journey. Among the policies proposed:
- Travel Care (also yearly): operations center and medical staff 24 / 24h - continuous assistance in case of illness or injury, medical expenses with direct payment of hospital and surgical expenses. Additional warranties are available.
- Travel Business: targeted for travel and work needs with travel assistance with operations center and medical staff 24 / 24h - 7/7 for ongoing travel assistance in case of illness or injury. Additional options include: medical expenses extension, baggage, flight delay, stay extension, family home assistance at home, smartphone, tablet, camera.
- Travel Long Stay: for safe travel over 45 days and up to 120 days. Backpacker and long-term travel insurance, with direct payment of medical bills and 24-hour assistance, even for your family members left at home.
Health insurance that protects in case of unpleasant health problems. In fact, you can benefit from a health policy that offers coverage for medical expenses, repatriation, purchase of drugs, sending a doctor abroad and transport to the health facility.
Among the strengths: unlimited medical expenses, 24/7 assistance, repatriation included, telephone interpreter, baggage coverage up to € 2.000, travel cancellation up to € 2.000, legal fees up to € 10.000, civil liability up to € 500.000, last minute policies, children up to 18 years free. Among the various policies proposed:
- Single trip insurance: provides unlimited coverage for medical expenses, you can select the most suitable product, including assistance, assistance / baggage, and assistance / baggage / cancellation.
- Sports and adventure travel insurance: coverage for the practice of numerous sports activities. The coverage is free for the first three days of sporting activities, which can be extended up to seven by adding the "sport extension" option.
- Trip cancellation and interruption: cover for travel cancellation with a ceiling of up to € 2.000 per insured person (minus a deductible of € 75 per person, if the "Zero Excess" option is not chosen). The guarantee reimburses travel expenses (e.g. airline tickets), accommodation costs and prepaid excursions.
It is an Anglo-Saxon product where the travel insurance market is much more developed than in Italy. The strengths are the hospitalization with direct payment, operations center available 7 days a week, 7 hours a day, possibility of last minute subscription and sending of the certificate directly via e-mail. Among the various policies:
- Individual policy: if you are traveling alone, as a couple or for groups of people aged between 0 and 65 years.
- Family policy: complete coverage for the whole family. Free award from the second child onwards.
- Cancellation Policy: the insurance that protects you from the unforeseen events that can prevent your departure.
It is an Italian intermediary. Its strengths are there operations center always active, policy certificate immediately sent by email, qualified and Italian customer assistance, direct payment in case of hospitalization, no deductible for medical expenses. Among the policies proposed:
- Base: includes travel assistance, telephone medical assistance, medical expenses, home assistance during the journey and roadside assistance
- Smart: includes travel assistance, telephone medical assistance, medical expenses, home assistance during the journey, breakdown assistance and damage to luggage during the journey
- Top: in addition to what Smart offers, it includes reimbursement for flight delay, trip cancellation, trip interruption and accidents including the flight
- Madagacar policy: emergency medical expenses, + repatriation or transfer in case of emergency + urgent dental care + 24h / 24 travel assistance + all other guarantees: luggage, home assistance and much more depending on the version of the product chosen.
Below is a comparative table of prices for the stipulation of travel policies.
NB: Prices are intended for an adult basic policy without previous illnesses
Is travel insurance in Madagascar mandatory?
No, but it is it is advisable to take out a health insurance policy which provides not only coverage of medical expenses, but also medical transport to other countries. Madagascar, in fact, is not sufficiently equipped for emergencies also due to the few machinery available. In fact, it may happen that many health facilities have the patient transported to other countries, perhaps those of South Africa.
Why do health insurance: risks and dangers
The costs of private care can be high: a hospitalization for a simple sprain can cost up to € 20.000. It is therefore advisable to subscribe to health insurance, covering medical expenses which also includes any medical air repatriation.
- Dangers deriving from poisoning and pathologies carried by food and water: it is advisable to consume only water in sealed bottles, without adding ice, or hot drinks. Prefer cooked vegetables and peeled fruit.
- Dangers deriving from diseases carried by insects: there are no compulsory vaccinations, but those for hepatitis A and B, yellow fever and antimalarial prophylaxis are recommended.
- Dangers deriving from animal attacks: the Authorities advise to be careful of dangerous animals, therefore following the advice and indications of the guides and the owners of the host structures.
- Danger of theft and pickpocketing: Madagascar does not have a very high security rate. Situations are in fact worsening both for tourists and residents, especially for thefts. The authorities recommend visiting the country only with guides, avoiding moving around at night and within isolated places. Better to leave credit cards, cash and passports in safe places. Carry only a photocopy of the documents.
How to choose travel insurance
In addition to medical coverage and medical repatriation, given the geographic location in which Madagascar is located, there may be inconveniences with airlines. For this I am policies to cover flight delays and baggage are recommended: in the first case, flight delay costs are covered and in the second, those for the purchase of basic necessities due to delay or loss of luggage and reimbursement of expenses in the event of theft of the same.
- Lost luggage theft coverage
- Liability coverage (expenses or compensation in the event of damage to third parties)
- Compensation for injury / death / disability
- Compensation for Delays: delays in the departure and / or arrival of means of transport, and / or loss of means
- Compensation Unexpected changes: unexpected flights or alternative means of transport, change of hotel or apartments, etc.
- Possible reimbursement for unused holidays
- Terms of direct payment and advance of expenses (whether or not you have to pay the ordinary medical expenses or if the insurance takes care of it directly)
- Compensation for the rescue of people
- Compensation in the event of kidnapping
- Compensation for theft of smartphones, tablets, etc.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking