If you are planning a trip to Japan good travel insurance is critical.
Certain that whatever unforeseen events may happen to you, you will be covered by your policy, you can travel peacefully and enjoy your holiday in complete tranquility.
Of fundamental importance is thehealth insurance. Healthcare in Japan is among the best in the world but, unfortunately, it is private (just like in the US). This means that in case of need (hospitalization, medical treatment, etc.), even for a trivial trifle, you would go to spend hundreds of euros, while with the insurance you would be covered.
So, no doubts. Before leaving for the Rising Sun, have a policy with high limits for medical expenses and ancillary services such as repatriation.
Here the best insurance for a trip to Japan!
- Allianz Global Assistance Travel Care
- Frontier Travel Insurance
- Axa Travel Insurance
- Columbus Insurance
- Price comparison
- Is travel insurance in Japan mandatory?
- Why do health insurance: risks and dangers
- How to choose travel insurance
- User questions and comments
This company provides one full coverage at absolutely competitive prices.
It gives the possibility to create customizable covers to the needs of the individual and guarantees assistance all over the world 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. In fact, it provides acustomer assistance, an always active call center el '24-hour medical insurance with unlimited telephone medical advice.
Finally, it offers its users the option of download an app to have dedicated assistance and free calls from anywhere in the world with just one click.
The policies are of three types:
- Travel Tranquility: includes travel assistance in the event of an accident or illness and coverage of necessary medical expenses
- Travel Top: in addition to travel assistance and medical expenses, it includes reimbursement in the event of theft or loss of luggage
- Premium: travel assistance, medical expenses, reimbursement in case of damage to luggage and reimbursement in case of cancellation of the trip or its interruption
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Care
World leader in the world of insurance, this is it for sure one of the best travel insurance abroad currently on the market, for price, coverage, flexibility and reliability.
Offers a wide range of policies among which to choose according to the type of trip or holiday, including business trips and study holidays. An exceptionally wide and complete range of products for every need.
Travel policies ensure and guarantee two essential coverages for every traveler:24 hour health care and the direct payment of medical expenses. The policies include:
- Travel Care. It guarantees 24/24 healthcare assistance and direct payment of medical expenses
- Annual Travel Care. Multi-trip insurance designed for frequent travelers: if you take several holidays each year with a maximum duration of 35 days
- Travel Long Stay. Insurance to travel safely up to almost 4 months. It guarantees travel assistance 24 hours a day, direct payment of medical expenses and assistance to your family members who have stayed at home
- Travel Business. Tailor-made insurance for business trips
- Travel Cancel. Travel cancellation insurance protects you from cancellation penalties if you are no longer able to use the services booked for your holiday
Frontier Travel Insurance
E' specialized exclusively in the travel industry. The policies include thetravel assistance, the coverage of medical expenses in the USA, Canada, Europe, Italy and the rest of the world (with different ceilings), direct payment for hospitalization, repatriation emergency, andhelpline in Italian. Customizable insurances, whether for a honeymoon, group travel, business trip, all insurance proposals are divided into 3 categories:
- Base. It includes travel assistance, telephone medical assistance, medical expenses, home assistance during the journey and roadside assistance
- Smart. Includes travel assistance, telephone medical assistance, medical expenses, home assistance during the journey, breakdown assistance and damage to luggage during the journey
- Top. In addition to what Smart offers, it includes reimbursement for flight delay, trip cancellation, trip interruption and accidents including the flight
Axa Travel Insurance
Among the insurance companies more known and reliable Axa also returns.
This company is among the best known and appreciated not only nationally, but also in Europe and worldwide. With over 8.000 employees, 39 operations centers and 13.335 repatriations (in 2017), it boasts a strong presence especially abroad.
I Strengths of Axa - Travel Insurance are: assistance during the trip, an operations center available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in Italian for any telephone medical advice, payment of medical and health expenses abroad, reimbursement for cancellation of the trip, luggage loss guarantee and legal assistance abroad.
- Total screen. The ideal policy for a trip to the USA. Reimbursement of medical expenses up to € 3.000.000,00, including third party liability insurance, luggage insurance, travel and / or flight accident coverage
- Basic Protection. It ensures the reimbursement of medical expenses up to € 100.000,00 and complete health care (medical or ambulance sending, medical return, travel of a family member in case of hospitalization, interpreter available)
- Medium Protection. It guarantees the reimbursement of medical expenses up to € 500.000,00, complete health care and reimbursement for theft, fire. Offers assistance to family members at home
- Annual Policy. Convenient for regular travelers. Starting from only € 72,00, a policy that guarantees complete coverage to travel without problems for the entire year of validity of the contract
- Schengen insurance. Essential for obtaining an entry visa and medical insurance for a trip to Europe or within the Schengen area
Another leader in travel insurance is definitely Columbus.
The policies offered by Columbus are between the most advantageous on the market for the quality / price ratio; they start from just € 9,00 and include the most varied services and at the same time providing customer assistance that is unparalleled.
Columbus travel insurance includes: coverage of unlimited medical expenses, 24-hour assistance, repatriation, theft of luggage and travel cancellation up to € 2.000,00, legal fees up to € 10.000,00 and civil liability up to € 500.000,00, as well as the possibility of accessing the Vip Lounge in the event of delayed flights, and free insurance for children from 0 to 2 years.
- Couple Insurance. Designed for honeymooners who can enjoy their journey without worries
- Family Insurance. A single policy that covers all members of the same family unit
- Group Insurance. Designed for groups of 8 people or more; proposals with prices that vary according to the destination, duration and number of people
- Student Insurance. Tailor-made for those who want to follow a university study program abroad (Erasmus, Leonardo project, PhD) and for students leaving for a cultural exchange, internship or language course
- Backpaper Insurance. Protection and safety for those who love long trips or even spend a whole year abroad
Below is a comparative table of prices for the stipulation of travel policies.
NB: Prices are intended for an adult basic policy without previous illnesses
Is travel insurance in Japan mandatory?
Travel insurance for Japan is not mandatory but strongly recommended.
As for any destination, even more so for such distant destinations, it is a good idea to take out an insurance policy that covers unforeseen events such as cancellation and / or delay of flights, lost luggage, theft etc ...
The ideal is an insurance that offers the translation service and provides assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why do health insurance: risks and dangers
Health insurance is essential especially in a country like Japan where health care is private. What does this mean? That whatever you need, not necessarily serious, even just a dysentery rather than a sprained ankle is enough, the blue card used in Italy is useless.
The rates are very high. To give an idea, an average simple operation + 7-day hospitalization costs € 14.000,00.
Make sure your policy includes the translation serviceIn fact, there are difficulties in finding doctors and paramedical staff who can speak foreign languages, including English.
The main incidents that can arise in Japan concern:
- Accidents and injuries resulting from sports activities. Skiing, trekking, mountaineering, rafting, sea activities including diving, contact certified operators so as not to find yourself in improvised and dangerous experiences
- Problems caused by the heat such as heat exhaustion, dehydration and sunburn. In the summer months, the humidity level reaches very high levels
- Danger of theft, pickpocketing and petty crime. It is advisable to observe the usual precautionary measures against pickpockets and muggings, which have been noted to increase. In some Tokyo nightclubs, especially in the Roppongi and Shinjuku districts, it happens more and more often that drinks are drugged in order to rob or assault the victim
- Typhoons are frequent from September to November, which can be of medium or strong intensity. News relating to the meteorological situation in Japan can be found by consulting the site
- Dangers deriving from intoxication and pathologies carried by food and water. Very rare hypothesis in larger and more touristic cities, but to be taken into consideration especially if you go into rural areas
How to choose travel insurance
Agencies specializing in travel insurance are certainly the ones to be preferred; not only because they are the most specialized in the sector, but also because they usually offer the most complete and, sometimes, even the most convenient policies.
For each entry it is from carefully evaluate the value of the ceiling and the deductible.
With regard to the Health cover, make sure that the translation service is included 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and inform yourself that payments are anticipated and not reimbursed at a later time once you return home.
In the case of any hospitalization that therefore provides for a longer stay on site than expected, it is good to cover room and board for at least one relative / companion who is forced to extend the stay. In the case of a solitary traveler, it is desirable to cover travel expenses (as well as accommodation) for the close relative called to assist him.
Also important is the refund in case of voluntary withdrawal for any reason; as is the coverage for damages caused to third parties.
- Amount of the ceiling / deductible
- Lost luggage theft coverage
- Compensation for expenses in the event of voluntary withdrawal
- Liability coverage (expenses or compensation in the event of damage to third parties)
- Telephone assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Medical assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Translation service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Whether or not there is compensation for injury / death / disability
- Medical repatriation due to injury or illness
- Repatriation of the body
- Payment of travel and accommodation expenses for any family members forced to join the sick / disabled person
- Presence or not of compensation Delays: delays in the departure and / or arrival of means of transport, and / or loss of means
- Presence or not of compensation Unexpected changes: unexpected flights or alternative means of transport, change of hotel or apartments, etc ...
- Refund for unused holidays
- Epidemic: reimbursement of travel cancellation expenses and zero penalties in the event of ongoing health emergencies
- Terms of direct payment and advance of expenses (whether or not you have to pay the ordinary medical expenses or if the insurance takes care of it directly)
- Early return in case of hospitalization or death of a family member "at home"
- Age limit of the insured person
- Coverage of previous and / or chronic illnesses
- Compensation for the rescue of people
- Compensation in the event of kidnapping
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking