Not just Lincoln Road: if you love it Shopping and being outdoors Miami has so much to offer. Bayside marketplace it is in fact an open-air shopping center with about a hundred shops and about forty food and beverage outlets facing Biscayne Bay. From several restaurants you can enjoy some glimpses of the Miami skyline and strolling among the shops (not during peak times) you can enjoy a pleasant and relaxing sea breeze.
At aperitif time and in the evening, the area comes alive with live music and events in that party atmosphere for which Miami is known all over the world. In short, it is the right place for those looking for a bit of trendy life and nightlife! To integrate everything there are the numerous Boat tours of the bay departing from the marina, which allow you to explore Biscayne Bay and observe the Millionaire's Row, the "expanse" of luxury villas of Miami's VIPs.
- Where is it and how to get there
- Public transport
- By car
- Main shops and restaurants
- Hard Rock Cafe Miami
- Tours and attractions
- Where to sleep in the Bayside Marketplace area
Where is it and how to get there
Bayside Marketplace is located at 401 Biscayne Boulevard in Miami. Overlooking Biscayne Bay, it has the same latitude as South Beach - which is less than an hour away - and is just south of Jungle Island and the Pérez Art Museum.
This open-air mall is easily accessible by both car and public transport.
- from Miami Beach, the S or C line
- from the airport the Orange Line Metro Rail
- from the port the free Coral Way trolley to the Biscayne Blvd stop
- from downtown Miami take the Metromover, get off at the College / Bayside stop and walk east about a block
- by subway get off at Government Center and take the Downtown Metromover (Inner Loop) and follow the directions above
- by train from Brightline Station located at 600 NW 1st Avenue you can easily walk to Bayside Marketplace
If you are driving, you can park in the commercial area car park which has 1100 spaces available and is open 24 hours a day every day of the week. The cost varies according to the length of stay: to give you an idea, the first hour costs 24 dollars, 7 hours 3 dollars, 12 hours 10 dollars and 25 hours 24 dollars.
There is a special morning rate if you arrive before 10am and leave by 00pm or if you arrive after 18am and leave by 00pm for $ 11. Also along Biscayne Boulevard there is the possibility to park and pay at the parking meter.
Main shops and restaurants
At the Bayside Marketplace you will find plenty of stores, including big names like GAP, Foot Locker, Crocs, Guess, Skechers, Disney Store, Victoria's Secret and US Polo Assn. For gourmets, about forty restaurants and bars offer a wide choice of Italian, Greek, Cuban, Latin American cuisine and you cannot miss the Five Guys burgers and coffee from Starbucks or Segafredo.
Among the most famous restaurants, there are theHard Rock Cafe e Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., the famous 'Bubba Gump Prawns' by Forrest Gump. An advice? Before sitting down for a cocktail or dinner fascinated by the view and the vibrant atmosphere of the place, check out the menu as the prices in general are higher than the average in Miami. Being a very touristic place it is not the right place to go in search of the characteristic restaurant or a dinner at a good price; for this I refer you to the restaurants that we have recommended in our guide on where to eat in Miami.
The hours of individual commercial activities may change, but in general the commercial area is open at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 22:00
- Friday and Saturday from 10:00 to 23:00
- Sunday from 11: 00 to 21: 00
Hard Rock Cafe Miami
Among the most popular eateries is the Hard Rock Cafe in Miami which, with its particular shape, offers a beachfront patio and interior rooms whose walls, as always in the tradition of this chain, are covered with relics and related objects. to the world of music and the most famous stars.
The menu on offer is much the same as you can find in other Hard Rock Cafes. There are many evenings and events that the venue offers, so I recommend that you go to the site and see what is scheduled in the days you will be in Miami.
Tours and attractions
Not just shopping… thanks to its location, in fact, the Bayside Marketplace offers numerous attractions and tour in the bay starting right from the shopping center. Among these are:
- il Thriller Speed Boat: A 45-minute speedboat tour along the shores of Miami, passing by the millionaire mansions of Fisher Island and Star Island and the Art Deco homes of South Beach. The captain of the speedboat will also be your guide and will show you the many attractions you will see on this tour.
- il Bike and Roll: 2-hour Segway tour with a guide and generally small groups to discover the coast along Biscayne Bay along the Miami Riverwalk to Bayfront Park, the place where the Miami River, Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean they become one.
- il Bayside Tour Boat – Bayside Blaster Cruise: A 90-minute guided Biscayne Bay cruise and the opportunity to photograph the Port of Miami, Fisher Island, Miami Beach and the luxury villas of Millionaire's Row. The tour is in high demand and there are 4 daily departures.
- la Millionaire’s Row Cruise: a 90-minute cruise in Biscayne Bay in search of the most luxurious and popular villas of the VIPs living along Millionaire's Row, including Shaquille O'Neal, Gloria Estefan and Julio Iglesias. You will feel like you are one with the Miami skyline.
Where to sleep in the Bayside Marketplace area
The Bayside Marketplace is located in the city center. Find our tips on finding accommodations in this area both in our Miami Downtown guide and in our article on where to sleep in Miami; in this last article you will also find advice on all the other neighborhoods where to look for accommodation to visit Miami. For more information on how to organize a stay in the city, refer to our travel guide to Miami.
Our tips for sleeping in Miami