Record of Blue Flags for small Basilicata.
In fact, there are five places that see the blue flag waving on their beaches, four along the Ionian coast.
The much coveted Blue Flag, established in 1987 by the non-governmental and non-profit organization FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education), is a international recognition assigned to seaside tourist resorts that meet quality criteria relating to the cleanliness of beaches, bathing water and the services offered.
Here the list of blue flag beaches 2021 in Basilicata.
- Blue flag beaches in the province of Matera
- Blue flag beaches in the province of Potenza
- User questions and comments
Blue flag beaches in the province of Matera
- Bernalda: Lido di Metaponto (Get directions)
- Pisticci: Lido San Basilio (Get directions), Lido 48 (Get directions)
- Policoro: Lido Nord and Sud (Get directions)
- Nova Siri: Lido (Get directions)
Blue flag beaches in the province of Potenza
- Maratea: Santa Teresa (Get directions), Calaficarra (Get directions), Macarro (Get directions), Illicini (Get directions), Nera (Get directions), Castrocucco / Secca di Castrocucco (Get directions), Acquafredda (Get directions)
The criteria for awarding the Blue Flag
It is one of the most important awards for beaches and bathing places. But how are they evaluated? It is not easy to get the blue flag. To do it you have to meet the program requirements.
In general, we can say that there are two types of requirements: the imperative ones and the guiding ones.
Those imperatives must all be respected. For those driving, the more there are, the more likely you are to get recognition.
The requirements cover the following 4 thematic areas:
- Environmental education and information: for example, information on water quality, local ecosystems, a code of conduct, ...
- Water quality: for example, the beach must fully comply with the sampling and analysis requirements of bathing water, must comply with the directives on waste water treatment, ...
- Environmental management: for example, the beach must be clean, there must be bins for recycling, toilets and changing rooms, ...
- Services and security: for example, there must be an adequate number of lifeguards, first aid equipment, ...