In Puglia there is a wonderful place that blends history and nature together: it is the Baia dei Turchi beach. Located north of Otranto, this beach is one of the 100 places protected by the FAI in Italy and is also part ofProtected oasis of Almini Lakes, not far from there. It is definitely one of the most beautiful places in Salento thanks to the crystalline water and the breathtaking panorama that has allowed the conquest of the coveted blue flag and the 5 sails of Legambiente. Today we want to tell you a little about this place, it could be a valid idea not only for your summer holidays, but also for a day of escape from everyday life.
- How to reach us
- Free beach, lidos and bathing establishments
- Where to sleep in the surrounding area: hotels, campsites and villages
- What to do and see in the surrounding area
- User questions and comments
How to reach us
To reach the Baia dei Turchi beach you can use the By public transport that depart from the cities in its vicinity, such as Lecce and Otranto. Alternatively use your own machine which you can then leave in one of the parking near the beach. Once you have reached the entrance, to get to the beach you will need to take the path bordered by the pine forest of about 200/300 meters. Below you will find all the information you need about how to get to the beach
- From Lecce: take bus 165 to Porto and then change to 101. Get off at the Club Med entrance and continue on foot. Alternatively, from Lecce Station take bus 101 and continue for 16 stops.
- From Otranto: take bus 101 to the Club Med entrance and continue on foot.
- From Lecce: you will arrive at your destination in about 45 minutes along the SS16 - Get directions
- From Otranto: you will arrive at your destination in about 15 minutes along the SP366 - Get directions
Where to park: cars, motorcycles and campers
There are several car parks near the beach. Some of which are located a bit far from the entrance, therefore they provide a shuttle service (included in the price). As already mentioned, once you reach the entrance you will still have to walk for about 200/300 meters. Prices start on average from € 4,00 per day. Here's where to park your vehicle:
- Farmhouse 2 Palme: 3 km from the beach it is equipped with parking for cars, motorcycles and rest areas equipped for campers. Equipped with shuttle service - Get directions
- Parking of the East: 3 minutes walk from the beach - Get directions
- Santo Stefano Baia dei Turchi Park: 1,5 km from the beach provides a shuttle service that takes you to the beach in 5 minutes - Get directions
Free beach, lidos and bathing establishments
The Baia dei Turchi Beach offers several options to please all its visitors. Inside you can take advantage of the free beach in addition to Lido Baia dei Turchi, equipped with a well-stocked bar. THE prices in high season start from € 30,00 per day for umbrella + 2 sunbeds. Despite the beauty of the place, the surface of the beach is not very large, for this reason it is advisable to arrive early in the morning.
Where to sleep in the surrounding area: hotels, campsites and villages
Staying near the Baia dei Turchi beach is very simple. In fact, the area is full of hotels and residences and places to stay overnight. Given the overwhelming nature of the area, we recommend that you choose one of the estates and farmhouses in the area. In this way you can enjoy your holiday in a typical Salento location. Recommended accommodations start from € 60,00 per room per night,.
What to do and see in the surrounding area
The area offers various possibilities for recreation, provided by the same places of accommodation. Hotel Baia dei Turchi for example offers its guests horseback riding, bike tours, sailing trips, in addition to activities of tasting of typical local products.
If you want to visit the architectural beauties of the place instead you could do a tour in the historic center of Otranto, less than 5 km from the Baia dei Turchi beach. If you want to enjoy the sea from another perspective, moving a little away from the Bay you could take advantage of Hydra Boat Excursions or visit one of the local equestrian centers. For the evening instead you can experience the movida in La Dolce Riva, just 2 km from the beach:
- Baia dei Turchi Hotel: excursions on horseback, by bike and by boat with prices from € 50,00 per person - website
- Hydra Boat Excursions: boat excursions from the port of Otranto - website
- Tumara Riding Club: excursions and horse rides - Facebook page
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking