What is the famous MilleMiglia program proposed by Alitalia, our national airline? Is it really affordable? We will let you discover it, examining it step by step everything you need to know.
- What is the Alitalia MilleMiglia Program?
- How to register and get the card
- How to earn miles
- How to spend accumulated miles: award tickets and catalog
- Exclusive clubs: Ulysses and Freccia Alata
- User questions and comments
What is the Alitalia MilleMiglia Program?
The MilleMiglia Program is a affiliation service proposed by Alitalia for all those who often travel by plane for work or personal reasons. Thanks to it, you can precisely "earn miles", ie points. Operation is very similar to that of fidelity card of supermarkets. Miles can be earned not only by flying, but also by taking advantage of other program-related services. The accumulated miles are then translated into award travel, discounts and many other benefits.
Millemiglia Young and Millemiglia Kids
But that's not all! If your age is between 14 and 25 it is cheaper to join the MilleMiglia Young too. In this way, in addition to all the opportunities already included in the program, you will have additional benefits and special promotions. Additional benefits are offered to parents thanks to the MilleMiglia Kids program. By subscribing to the MilleMiglia program and then by registering your children to the one dedicated to them, you will receive an identification code with which you can accumulate miles on your account. It will be enough to communicate the identification code during check-in every time your child will fly with Alitalia
How to register and get the card
To get the MilleMiglia Card and take advantage of all the advantages offered, that's enough access the relevant page on the Alitalia website and fill in the online form with your data. Also, by signing up you get a 2.000 mile welcome bonus if you fly with Alitalia or with Airline Partners, or if you use the services offered by the commercial partners of the program within 3 months from the date of registration.
Once the registration is confirmed you will receive a card within 3-4 weeks. In addition to the card, you will also receive a millemiglia code and a secret pin to be used when booking flights or purchasing services / products in affiliated companies, but also for redeeming prizes.
How to recover the Millemiglia code or the secret pin
Il Millemiglia Code it is communicated at the end of the registration procedure, but it is also found on paper and is generally indicated in every commercial-advertising email.
Il Secret PINinstead, it is communicated only via email at the end of the registration procedure. In case you forget your pin, you can start a recovery procedure by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In the text of the email you must ask for the MilleMiglia code and indicate all the profile data and attach a photocopy of your identity document for verification. Subsequently, you will be given instructions on how to proceed using the "Retrieve PIN" online service.
How to earn miles
Miles are earned by traveling with Alitalia, airlines belonging to the SkyTeam alliance, or other international affiliated companies. The number of miles earned varies based on distance traveled and booking class.
Airlines belonging to the SkyTeam network are: Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France, China Airlines, China Eastern, Czech Airlines, Delta, Garuda Airlines, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, MEA, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Tarom, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines .
Other affiliated companies are: Air Serbia, All Nippon Airways, China Southern, Etihad Airways, GOL, Virgin Australia.
It is also possible to accumulate points purchasing products or services offered by some recognized partners. Below you will find the list of partners.
Millemiglia partners: Booking.com, Coop, Eni, Q8 and others
There are several affiliated partners between hotel booking portals, financial institutions, oil companies. Here is a list of the main ones:
- AccorHotels, Booking.com, Hotelscombined and other Hotel chains and Booking portals - Find out more
- Avis and Maggiore and other car rentals - Find out more
- American Express, Banca Mediolanum and other financial institutions. Find out more
- Insurance companies such as Genialloyd and Chubb. Find out more
- Oil and Energy Companies such as Eni and Q8. Find out more
- Large Distributors such as Bennet e Coop. Find out more
for complete list we refer you to the official website: Millemiglia Partner.
How to spend accumulated miles: award tickets and catalog
Once you've accumulated several miles, there are three ways to spend them.
- Book an award ticket on Alitalia or Airline Partner flights: just choose your destination, in Italy or abroad, based on the miles earned. However, if you are only a few miles away from your dream destination, with the Buy Miles service you can buy them, give them away or transfer them to friends and relatives.
- Request an upgrade to Business Class, for a trip already purchased.
- Buy a premium special among those present in the Millemiglia Gallery catalog
If you are part of one of the Exclusive Clubs of the MilleMiglia Program, you can transfer the portion of qualifying miles that exceed the Club access threshold to the following year, thus enjoying additional miles to "spend".
Exclusive clubs: Ulysses and Freccia Alata
If you are already a MilleMiglia customer and travel a lot, you will certainly accumulate many points. Be smart and join one of the Exclusive Clubs, in order to obtain even more advantages and benefits!
- Ulysses Club: those who total at least 25.000 miles or 30 flights in a year can register. It allows you to accumulate 25% more miles and other small benefits such as easy check-in procedures, priority boarding, extra baggage and free sports equipment transport.
- Winged Arrow Club: those who total at least 50.000 miles or 60 flights in a year can register. It allows you to accumulate 50% more miles and other small benefits such as easy check-in procedures, priority boarding, extra baggage and free sports equipment transport.
- Club Freccia Alata Plus: those who total at least 80.000 miles or 90 flights in a year can register. It allows you to accumulate 100% more miles and other small benefits such as easy check-in procedures, priority boarding, extra baggage and free sports equipment transport.
- Club Freccia Alata Plus Forever: reserved for those who have maintained the most prestigious status for 10 consecutive years. It allows you to take advantage of all the benefits recognized to members of the Freccia Alata club for life.
Faq and Contacts
For more information on the program, please read the FAQ or contact customer service:
- Call center costs from landline: 64 cents per minute, with no connection fee
- Mobile call center costs: 16 cents per reply + 95 cents per minute (TIM, Vodafone, Tre), 15 cents per reply + 98 cents per minute (Wind)