It is the multicultural district of the city, located in Northwest Washington DC between 18th street and Columbia Road.
The name of the neighborhood derives from the two elementary schools in the area, the Thomas P. Morgan Elementary School, intended for the education of African American children only, and the John Quincy Adams Elementary School, intended for the education of white children only.
Following a supreme court ruling, in 1955 the schools were also opened to the children of immigrants and the names of the two schools went to indicate a specific district of the city.
Currently the area has a purely population Hispanic and African American, with dozens and dozens of shops where you can go shopping and discover an extremely varied part of Washington DC. The neighborhood is also a hot spot of movida night.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking