What are the most sublime culinary creations of the planet? We present you a delicious list that will make you want to take a world tour for taste these dishes! You will find some really for all tastes and from various origins: guess which is ours! Ready to find out what these are 30 essentials dishes to try at least once in a lifetime?
- Goi Cuon, Vietnam
- Ohmi-Gyu, Japan
- Montreal-style smoked beef, Canada
- Crab with butter and garlic, India
- Champ, Ireland
- Croissant, France
- Arepas, Venezuela
- Chicken Rice, Singapore
- Stinky Tofu, South East Asia
- French Toast, Hong Kong
- Chicken Parmigiana, Australia
- Nam Tok Moo, Thailand
- Kahlua Pig, Island of Hawaii
- Rendang, Indonesia
- Chicken Muamba, Gabon
- Pizza, Italy
- Peking Duck, China
- Hamburger, Germany
- Penang Assam Laksa, Malaysia
- Sheperd's Pie, UK
- Donuts, USA
- Kebab, Iran
- Fajitas, Mexico
- Paella de Marisco, Spain
- Corn on the cob, various areas of the world
- 2Texas Barbecue, Texas (Usa)
- 2 Brownies with ice cream, USA and world
- 2 Chocolate, South America
- 2 Maple Syrup, Canada
- 30 - Egg Tarts, Hong Kong
- User questions and comments
1 - Goi Cuon, Vietnam
Lovely rolls oriental, good and light. They can be stuffed with pork, prawns or vegetables wrapped in graceful rice paper.
- Where to eat them: they constitute a truly typical dish, so you can find them everywhere, not only in Vietnam but also in typical restaurants in other countries. In short, a truly unmissable dish of Vietnamese cuisine.
2 - Ohmi-Gyu, Japan
You may never have heard of it, but it is a very precious dish. It is prepared with a specific cut of beef particularly delicious. It is then cut into sashimi and then served in a soup.
- Where to eat it: It is served in many restaurants because now it is no longer considered just a dish for the elite. However, it must be emphasized that not everyone serves the authentic one. If you are around Shiga go to Okaki Honten, it will be worth it (5294 Yamanoue, Ryuo-cho, Gamo-gun, Shiga Prefecture).
3 - Montreal-style smoked beef, Canada
It is steak that is smoked for 10 days in one top secret spice blend. Once ready, this specialty is served in excellent sandwiches.
- Where to Eat: You can't say you know Canada unless you pay a visit to Schwatz's, the bistro where this amazing sandwich was invented. You will find it here: 3895 Saint-Laurent Boulevard · Montréal, Québec.
4 - Crab with butter and garlic, India
It seems to be a real treat. This dish consists of crab cooked in butter and covered with garlic. It is undoubtedly a very fat dish, but apparently really surprising.
- Where to eat it: al Trishna of Kala Ghoda, in Mumbai, a restaurant famous for shellfish. This dish is their specialty. You can find it here: Saibaba Rd, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
5 - Champ, Ireland
Apparently this is simple mashed potatoes with chives is really delicious. With a pint of Guiness and quality sausages it gets even better. Seeing is believing!
- Where to eat it: it is a traditional dish, so you will find it almost everywhere. Being typical of Northern Ireland, they know how to do it really well there.
6 - Croissant, France
La most loved and known brioche in the world it certainly does not need many words. This sweet breakfast a basis of leavened puff pastry and lots of butter it's really delicious. Trust me: eaten in his native country is really something else entirely!
- Where to eat it: in Paris you will find excellent ones, but 5 places really do it ad hoc: Eryk Kaiser (8 rue Monge); 143 GDR (134 rue de Turenne); Le Marie (16 Rue Mouffetard); Maison Grégoire (69 rue Monge); Gontran Cherrier (22 rue Caulaincourt).
7 - Arepas, Venezuela
There are corn scones stuffed with meat and avocado, but there are many variations. Simple but really tasty. A real delicacy!
- Where to eat them: they are a typical food, so you will find them all over the country.
8 - Chicken Rice, Singapore
Literally rice and chicken. All ingredients are steamed. The boost of taste is given by one soy sauce. The unique touch that makes this dish truly irresistible.
- Where to eat it: in Singapore it is a must, but 5 locals prepare it best: Tian Tian (1 Kadayanallur St, # 01-10 / 11, Maxwell Food Center, Old Nyonya); Boon Tong Kee (52 Woodlands Terrace); Wee Nam Kee (101 Thomson Road, # 01-08 United Square, United Square), Loy Kee (342 Balestier Rd), Chatterbox (333 Orchard Rd, Level 5, Mandarin Orchard, Mandarin Orchard)
9 - Stinky Tofu, South East Asia
Literally translatable as "stinking tofu". In fact the smell is nauseating, but despite this it is an iconic dish of these areas. Consists of grilled tofu in brine and it seems to be very good.
- Where to eat it: almost everywhere in South East Asia: it is one true typical specialty.
10 - French Toast, Hong Kong
In spite of the name you will not find it neither in France nor in Europe. Hong Kong French Toasts are a real delicious sugar hit. The toasted bread is passed in the egg, then in soy, later fried and finally covered with honey.
- Where to eat it: enjoyed at any time and anywhere, you can savor it at its best from Yes Yik (2 Stanley Market St, Stanley); Chau Kee (Shop H1, G / F, Tung Lee Mansion, Water Street, Sai Ying Pun); Hing Kee (82 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan); Wai Kee Noodle Café (62 & 67 Fuk Wing Street; Shop D, 165-167 Pei Ho Street, Sham Shui Po); Shui Kee Coffee (Shop 17, 2 / F, Sheung Wan Municipal Services Building, Sheung Wan); Man Wah Restaurant (153-159 Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok); New Five Dragon Congee & Noodle Restaurant (19-23 Des Voeux Road West, Sai Ying Pun).
11 - Chicken Parmigiana, Australia
Another misleading name. We are not in Italy at all, but on the other side of the world. Of course, the origin of the ingredients and of the particular mix is undoubtedly local, but apparently the chicken prepared with tomato sauce, mozzarella and a generous sprinkling of parmesan it is a real Australian delight. What to say? Definitely to try!
- Where to eat it: al bistro-pub of the Mallacoota Hotel. It is one of its main dishes and attracts numerous tasters. You will find it at 51-55 Maurice Ave., Mallacoota VIC 3892
12 - Nam Tok Moo, Thailand
It is pork topped with onions and lemon and accompanied with rice. It seems to be a real delicacy.
- Where to eat it: a must try the Nam Tok Moo del Tida Esarn Restaurant (1 / 2-5 Rangnam Road, Phaya Thai, Ratchawithi).
13 - Kahlua Pig, Island of Hawaii
Its particular flavor is given by cooking pork: under the sand for hours, according to a traditional Hawaiian technique. What to say? To try!
- Where to eat it: unmissable that of Helena's Hawaiian Food, 1240 N School St., in Kalihi, Honolulu. Its smoky taste is perfect and the cooked meat is the right point.
14 - Rendang, Indonesia
It is Slow-cooked beef in coconut milk. Delicious as soon as it is ready, also excellent the day after. In short, to taste!
- Where to eat it: The Natrabu Minang Restaurant in Jakarta (Jln. Haji Agus Salim No. 29 A, Gondangdia Village) prepares this dish in a masterly way.
15 - Chicken Muamba, Gabon
A dish indeed tasty, ma definitely heavy: chicken with chilli, pepper and palm butter. Must try, but with a good digestive at hand ...
- Where to eat it: it is a typical meal of Gabon that you can taste almost everywhere.
16 - Pizza, Italy
A specialty that certainly needs no explanation! The famous leavened dough with tomato and mozzarella cooked in a wood oven it is the most loved, exported, modified and reinvented dish in the world. You will find pizza everywhere, even in the most remote corner of the Earth. But the best and inimitable it is always and only our. Only!
- Where to eat it: the best pizzeria in Italy is 50 Kalo, the pizzeria of Ciro Salvo, the best pizza maker in Italy. Where is it? In Naples of course (Piazza Sannazzaro, 201 / B)!
17 - Peking Duck, China
A dish that we all know by now thanks to the countless Chinese restaurants scattered all over the planet. If done in a workmanlike manner it seems to be a real delicacy. The particular taste is given by crunchiness of the skin, spread before cooking with a particular mixture based on honey.
- Where to eat it: the best place in Beijing in which to taste it is from Quanjude, a restaurant also frequented by Heads of State and political leaders (the restaurant has 6 locations: 32 Qianmen Street, Chongwen District / 14, Qianmen West Street, Xuanwu District / 9, Shuaifuyuan Hutong, Wangfujing Street, Dongcheng District / Floors1-3 , Bldg A, Tianchuang Shiyuan Building, 309 Huizhong Beili, Chaoyang District / F-1, Tower A, Technology Building, Tsinghua Science Park, 1 Zhongguancun East Road, Haidian District / F-1, Jinxin Building, A2 East 3rd Ring Road ( N), Chaoyang District).
18 - Hamburger, Germany
Forget about fast food! This type of dish has nothing to do with the real German burger. Not by chance its name derives from the city of Hamburg and is translatable as "Hamburger". The term then passed into colloquial English with "Hamburger steak" or Hamburger steak. These were probably originally beef meatballs, very common in the city and port of Hamburg in the early th century. The recipe arrived in North America thanks to the numerous German immigrants, most of whom departed from the port of this city. The real burger is therefore a large meatball of minced and lightly pressed beef.
- Where to eat it: obviously in Hamburg, in one of these 3 places: The Burger Lab (Max-Brauer-Allee 251); Otto's Burger (Lange Reihe 1-5); Brooklyn Burger Bar (Alter Fischmarkt 3).
19 - Penang Assam Laksa, Malaysia
What is that? Noodles with mackerel, tamarind, lemograss and lots of spices. An irresistible mix!
- Where to eat it: The 5 best places in Penang State to try it are: Kim's Laksa (Jalan Balik Pulau, Balik Pulau, 11000); Pasar Air Itam Laksa (Jalan Pasar, Air Itam, 11500); Sin Hwa Coffee Shop Asam Laksa (329, Jalan Burma, Penang, George Town, 100504); Taman Emas Coffee Shop Asam (Jalan Gottlieb, George Town, 10350); Penang Road Famous LaksaLaksa (475, Jalan Penang, George Town, 10000).
20 - Sheperd's Pie, UK
Potato crusted lamb pie. A simple but tasty dish of the tradition from across the Channel.
- Where to eat it: it's the classic "grandmother's" dish which you will find almost everywhere especially in the old style inns.
21 - Donuts, USA
Made famous by Homer Simpson, exquisite US donuts now they are also appreciated by us. It is about soft round treats, usually with a hole in the center, fried and then covered with icing or chocolate. They are really cute, as they are often made colorful and fun by using glazes and sugars of various colors. They are so inviting and tasty that by eating them you forget about their caloric content. A sweet transgression that makes them even more inviting and enjoy us.
- Where to eat them: in United States you will find them everywhere! It is really difficult to determine which place makes them better. What to say? Try them all!
22 - Kebab, Iran
Now well known everywhere, the real thing Iranian kebab however, it remains a specialty. Even because there is not a single variant! The Chelow kabab combines Persian kebab with saffron basmati rice, lavash bread, grilled tomatoes, raw onions, chillies, mushrooms and sumac and often a side of shirazi, mast-o-khiar and doogh salad. An old Iranian tradition involved breaking the yolk of a raw egg over rice, along with lots of butter, just before serving the kebab. The Kabab barg it is, on the other hand, marinated and grilled loin. The Kabab torsh is grilled beef marinated in a mixture of pomegranate juice, chopped walnuts, parsley, crushed garlic, and olive oil. The Chenjeh kababinstead, it's grilled lamb.
- Where to eat it: turn Iran and taste them all!
23 - Fajitas, Mexico
Another exquisite dish now well known everywhere. Mexican Fajitas are small morsels of meat (chicken breast or beef, or both) with peppers, onion, spices, hot pepper, paprika and oregano. This preparation may be served in various ways: in a hot dish accompanied by rice, beans or grilled vegetables; or lying on a tortilla that is wrapped around to the fajita.
- Where to eat them: it is a such a typical dish that in Mexico you will find it everywhere. It is therefore very difficult to establish which restaurant cooks it best.
24 - Paella de Marisco, Spain
The famous dish based on rice and spices with seafood ("de marisco" in fact) cooked in a large pan, if prepared in a workmanlike manner, it is a real delicacy. There are also variants only with meat, fish and mixed. And then, for some reason, eat Paella immediately makes summer, party and joy. A dish by now very famous, but always of great impact and taste.
- Where to eat it: the homeland of Paella is Valencia, But the variant with seafood is more typical of Southern areas. In any case, paella is such a Spanish dish that it is optimally prepared in an infinity of places, from the most famous restaurants to the smallest and unthinkable hidden trattorias. Experiment!
25 - Corn on the cob, various areas of the world
why am I on this list? because apparently the grilled corn on the cob sprinkled with butter with a sprinkling of salt are a much loved and very tasty dish. If you've never tried them, you have to! Are we talking about the foods to taste at least once in a lifetime?
- Where to eat them: look for a field, ask the farmer and have fun at home with friends. You will feel like you are in an old western movie.
26 - Texas Barbecue, Texas (USA)
Apparently this is not a banal barbecue. In Texas they seem to know prepare the barbecue to perfection and with infinite variations: with tomatoes, with onions, with spices ... Seeing is believing!
- Where to eat it: turn to Texas and experience. The best thing would be to meet a real Texan and have you cook a barbecue on his ranch ...
27 - Brownies with ice cream, USA and world
I Brownies (small squares of a typical chocolate cake) they are American, the real ice cream is Italian. In fact, however this combination it is found almost everywhere in the world and it would seem that, in spite of the calories, it is a must-try food at least once in a lifetime. So, don't give a damn about the line and enjoy it!
- Where to eat them: everywhere. Have fun discovering your favorite version!
28 - Chocolate, South America
The food of the gods it is so good that it is the comfort food par excellence. His aroma, its unmistakable taste, her shades they make it a food loved, cherished, reinvented all over the world. Eaten in now infinite variations, is tasted in a decidedly different way than its pre-Columbian origins. Truly a gift from the gods!
- Where to eat it: The best chocolate can be found in Ecuador.
29 - Maple Syrup, Canada
Not just pancakes! No, no! This thick syrup, obtained from boiled sap of the maple plant, makes a myriad of dishes delicious, even savory. Don't believe it? Try it! If not why would it be in the top 30 of the tastiest foods in the world?
- Where to eat it: in Canada, obviously! Try it for breakfast on hot pancakes ... mmmm, a real treat!
30 - Egg Tarts, Hong Kong
We close the list with a dessert, as we would also do at the table. Most of us probably don't have a clue what they are, but Egg Tarts are exquisite. I'm delicious sweets filled with cream, sublime just out of the oven.
- Where to eat them: obviously ad Hong Kong! You find them in the bakery, what we would call bakeries. Find your favorites, it will be a very pleasant tour!
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking