Have you recently returned from vacation but can't wait to leave? So why not try something soon original? We propose you the 10 most bizarre structures to stay in Italy with a bit of eccentricity.
- Hotel Sabrina, Emilia Romagna
- iRooms, Lazio
- Abali Grand Sultanate, Sicily
- Etruscan Chocohotel, Umbria
- Tree House, Lombardy
- Art Hotel Atelier on the sea, Sicily
- Capo Spartivento lighthouse, Sardinia
- Hotel San Luis - Trentino Alto Adige
- Motel K, Lombardy
- Felino Castle - Emilia Romagna
- Sextantio the Civita Caves, Basilicata
- User questions and comments
1 - Hotel Sabrina, Emilia Romagna
- Where is it: Via Pascoli 83, Rimini - Marina Centro, Rimini
- Costs: from € 30 to 65 per night, depending on the season and treatment (breakfast only, half board or full board)
- Contacts: www.riminiadria.com - Tel. 0541.381461
A hotel with flavor young and creative in the heart of Rimini's summer nightlife. A simple structure that has turned to design choices linked to the use of color and a new concept of common space, to be lived and shared, starting from the hall redesigned love theme. The 2017 season is marked by the introduction of a new love element: we are talking about one heart shaped pool 45 square meters and 1 meters deep, the only one of its kind in Italy. A huge heart of water in the center of an illuminated garden that will itself become the "beating heart" of the time spent in the hotel. Hydromassage, water sprays and underwater lights and music, with the water at night turns red like love.
2- iRooms, Lazio
- Where is it: in Rome (Piazza di Spagna: Via Vittoria 32 - Fori Imperiali / Colosseum: Via Baccina 45 - Pantheon / Piazza Navona / Campo dei Fiori: Piazza del Gesù 47 - Colosseum / Termini Station: Via Merulana 227)
- Costs: from € 150 upwards, depending on the type chosen
- Contacts: www.irooms.info - The phone number is different depending on which accommodation you choose. Better to consult the website or write to email@example.com
Its "subtitle" says a lot in terms of comfort: Jacuzzi rooms & Suites in Rome. IS' the perfect accommodation for all technology lovers. Those who cannot live without the internet even for a second will feel at ease and as if they were at home. Futuristic rooms with a geometric design, LED lights, waterfall showers and Ipads in each room. Ah, obviously Wifi is present and free. The various iRooms facilities are located in strategic positions in the center of Rome (Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Piazza di Spagna, Fori Imperiali, Colosseum, Campo dei Fiori, Termini Station) and therefore represent an excellent starting point for a visit to the splendid eternal city.
3 - Abalì Grand Sultanate, Sicily
- Where is it: Via S. Agostino 5 (corner of via Maqueda), Palermo
- Costs: from € 80 to € 180 depending on the type chosen
- Contacts: www.abali.it - Tel. 0039.3188.8.131.52
In Palermo, in any building a stone's throw from the Teatro Massimo, you will find this very original bed & breakfast. Run by young artists, it delivers colorful rooms. Each room is unique and possesses precise chromatic characteristics and particular designs.
You can choose your favorite: better the colorful balloon room, the pop room with all its "old style" features and without half measures (including the non-working demodè television and the record player to listen to the vinyls hanging on the walls) or better the suites ? Are you more attracted to the luxurious and sparkling Sultan Suite or the elegant and romantic Tango Suite? There breakfast room, then, it is one real explosion of shapes and colors that will give you the right energy and a good dose of enthusiasm as soon as you wake up.
4 - Etruscan Chocohotel, Umbria
- Where is it: via Campo di Marte 134, Perugia
- Costs: from € 60 upwards depending on the type of room chosen and the period
- Contacts: www.chocohotel.it - Tel. +39 0755837314
Do you love chocolate? Can't you resist that indescribable gluttony that brings joy every time you taste a piece of it? As soon as you set foot in this hotel you will have even more desire to eat it, sure! Because? You will find out by entering: you will be greeted by the unmistakable aroma of chocolate. The peculiarity of this hotel, in fact, is that the rooms are furnished with wardrobes, bed headboards and lamps they have the shape of bars or Baci Perugina. A dream for all gourmands, a lustful paradise for lovers of this fantastic delicacy. Ah, there is also a chocostore inside, yuhuuu !!!
5- House on the Tree, Lombardy
- Where is it: Viale Penati 5/7 (Ref. Navigator Via Sant'Antonino), Malgrate (LC)
- Costs: on request
- Contacts: www.casa-sullalbero.eu - Tel. +39 (0) 341 1880440
The name is already a whole program: what does it remind you of? Nature, that's right! Nature is alive in this boutique hotel. First he owns one splendid view of Lake Como, but this would be "trivial". The suites consist of transparent walls that will allow you to be one with the surrounding park of ancient trees. The structure consists of two modern and eco-sustainable villas, made of glass and wood with an all-Italian design. An exclusive, elegant and reserved place. Don't forget to try the Honesty Kitchen: a shared kitchen, open 24 hours a day, where all guests can help themselves and then write down what they have eaten. If that's not enough for you, know that La Casa sull'Albero is less than 10 minutes' drive from the Lecco Golf Club. Not bad, right?
6 - Art Hotel Atelier sul mare, Sicily
- Where is it: Via Cesare Battisti 4, Castel di Tusa (ME)
- Costs: from a minimum of € 50 to a maximum of € 145 (per person per night)
- Contacts: www.ateliersulmare.com - Tel. 0921.334295
In a beautiful Sicilian village on the sea, art lovers will be charmed. Here you will find not just a tourist accommodation, but a hotel-atelier which is also a museum. Each room is literally dominated by works of contemporary artists. Painting, sculpture, architecture and spaces have been conceived in a unique way. From the metallic suites to the barn: each room carries with it a message from the author that the guest is invited to perceive and decipher. As the website states: "The dream of many: to spend a night in a museum to fall asleep inside a work of art."
7 - Faro Capo Spartivento, Sardinia
- Where is it: Viale Spartivento SN, Chia (CA)
- Costs: vary considerably according to the type of accommodation chosen and the period (from a minimum of 500 Euro per night upwards) - by reservation only
- Contacts: www.farocapospartivento.com - Tel. +39.3333129638
Built in 1854 by the Italian Navy, it was one of the 20 lighthouses wanted by King Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy, whose initials still head above the front door. Machine-gunned by American planes during the Second World War, it was restored at the end of the conflict. Used for its purpose until the 80s and fell into oblivion until 2006, it now lives a second life. Awarded by the leaders of the Italian Navy as an example of recovery of military architecture is l 'single lighthouse at the moment in Italy to be also used as a hotel. If you have always dreamed of living as an ancient guardian of one of these structures and observing the frightening magic of the stormy sea, this hotel is made for you! Furthermore, the lighthouse is still active, with its brilliant beam of light ready, today as in the past, to illuminate the route to ships. It is open all year round and offers different types of suites.
8 - Hotel San Luis - Trentino Alto Adige
- Where is it: Via Verano 5, Avelengo (BZ)
- Costs: Varies according to the type of accommodation chosen - 72 m284 tree houses from €
- Contacts: www.sanluis-hotel.com - Tel. +39 0473 279570
How many times as children did it happen to us to dream of having a tree house all to ourselves? How cool and fun would it have been to own a small place of secrets, out of sight and hidden by foliage? A corner of our own, "unreachable", relaxing and exciting at the same time. Well, if you want to go back to being a little child and observe the world from above without being seen this beautiful hotel is right for you! At San Luis the chalet in the trees, about 5-10 meters high, built by the lake and immersed in the vegetation, are an enchanting place where you can spend pleasant moments of relaxation in contact with the sounds and scents of nature.
9 - Motel K, Lombardy
- Where is it: via Valloni 8, Casei Gerola (PV)
- Costs: from € 50 per night for a standard room without whirlpool to a maximum of € 275 for the most beautiful suite with Jacuzzi
- Contacts: www.motelk.com - Tel. (+39) 0383 - 61821
A structure that consists of many particular hotels enclosed in only one. This is its characteristic! Between Voghera and Tortona, you pass by changing suite from sparkling Manhattan to romantic Santorini, from living the experience of an Arab night up to exotic charm of Thailand, all going through blue lagoons and lush green caves. All suites are themed, with attention to detail to create the exact atmosphere of each single place. Also perfect to escape from everyday life for just one night. A little kitschy perhaps, a little "Gardaland effect" for many, but certainly fun. Which theme would you choose?
10 - Felino Castle - Emilia Romagna
- Where is it: Strada al Castello 1, Felino (PR)
- Costs: on request - weddings, receptions, meetings are also organized
- Contacts: www.castellodifelino.it - Tel. 0521 272717
Elegance and charm in an exclusive castle, immersed in a deciduous forest, surrounded by a wide and deep moat and defended by imposing bastions. A location jealously guarded by ancient walls. Enchanting outdoor spaces and sumptuous and refined interior rooms will make you spend a perfect romantic holiday or even just an experience different from the usual routine. You can breathe the ancient and refined atmosphere of the castle in all its parts. Its rooms and suites will leave you enchanted and make you feel true Princes and Princesses of yesteryear.
11 - Sextantio the Civita Caves, Basilicata
- Where is it: Via Civita 28, Matera
- Costs: from € 100 to € 300 per night, depending on the cave chosen
- Contacts: www.sextantio.it - Tel. 0835 332744
Un 4-star boutique hotel with a decidedly unusual flavor. Located in ancient cave dwellings, is located 4 minutes walk from the Cathedral of Matera and 10 from the historic Casa Grotta di Vico Solitario, a demo-anthropological museum. In the heart of Matera, in its famous and picturesque Unesco Heritage Sassi, you will stay in suites and rooms created in caves of different sizes (the largest measuring even 150 square meters!) embellished with fine furniture and fabrics. A suggestive atmosphere will further surprise you at the moment of breakfast that will be served to you in an ancient 200th century deconsecrated church. The hotel also offers a restaurant with regional specialties and pets are welcome.