Tradition and innovation intertwine in modern and luxurious Dubai. With one skyline from the tallest skyscrapers in the world, exaggerated luxury, typical markets, impressive shopping centers, crystal clear sea and golden beaches, desert, ski slopes e breathtaking water parks, this urban oasis in the desert reveals its uniqueness and man's desire to overcome all his limits.
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Fountaines
- Palm Jumeirah
- Burj Al-Arab
- Dubai Creek
- The souks of Dubai
- Dubai Mall
- Mall of Emirates
- Water parks
- Desert Safari
- User questions and comments
1 - Burj Khalifa
With its 828 meters it is thetallest building in the world. A must is to climb to the top for a breathtaking view! Panoramic points for unforgettable shots they are on the 124th and 148th floors.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard 1, Downtown Dubai. Burj Khalifa Station, Metro Red Line - Get directions
- Mon-Sun 8.30-17.00 and 19.30-22.00 124th floor, 19.00-22.00 148th floor.
- Adults AED125 (€ 30), children (4-12 years) AED95 (€ 22). Priority entrance: adults and children AED300 (€ 70). Children under 4 years free.
2 - Dubai Fountaines
Located at the foot of the Burj Khalifa, they are largest dancing fountains in the world with jets that graze i 150 meters high and sway to the music.
- Burj Khalifa Lake, Lower Ground Waterfront Promenade, Downtown Dubai - Get Directions
- 13:00 and 13:30, Fri 13:30 and 14:00. Evening: 18: 00-23: 00, every 30min
- Free. Evening tour on the lake AED65 (€ 15) per person
3 - Palm Jumeirah
Apotheosis of human inventiveness, it is aartificial island in the shape of a palm tree, located off the coast. Hosts luxury villas and residences it's a water park.
- A monorail crosses the "trunk" of the palm tree connecting it to the mainland - Get directions
- Always accessible
- Free, free admission
4 - Burj Al-Arab
Characterized by the unmistakable sail shape, the symbol of Dubai is thetallest hotel in the world.
Luxurious (7 stars) houses elegant suites, refined lounge bars and restaurants flanked by huge aquariums, heli-scales and comfortable spas.
- By taxi or metro (Mall of the Emirates station) and walk across the bridge - Get directions
- The entrance to the hotel is free but it is possible to access it only by booking a room or a table so the cost varies.
5 - Dubai Creek
Dividing the city into 2 parts, Deira to the north and Bur Dubai to the south, between typical neighborhoods, mosques and ultra-modern buildings, this canal is anatural inlet of salt water which comes directly from the Persian Gulf. Do not miss the walk in the commercial port and a ride on an abra, a typical water taxi.
- Green Subway Line to Creek Stop - Get Directions
- The abras are operational 05: 00-00.00.
- 1 dirham abra ride (€ 0,25).
6 - The souks of Dubai
Crossing the Creek, you reach the historic districts of the city with its typical markets: the sparkling Gold Souk, the largest in the world dedicated to gold; that of spices, in which all the aromas of Arabia are found; gods tissues, which sees silk as the undisputed protagonist; gods scents, with fragrances, oils and incenses prepared ad hoc; and those ofhandicraft local, Madinat Jumeirah and Al Bahar.
- Crossing the Dubai Creek. Gould Souk: Al Ras metro station. Spice Souk: Deira district. Fabric souk: Bur Dubai district. Souk perfumes: Sikkat Al Khail Road, Deira district. Souk Madinat Jumeirah: Jumeirah Beach Road. Souk Al Bahar: Downtown Dubai - Get Directions
- Mon-Sun 9.00-22.00.
- Free, free admission
7 - Dubai Mall
It's the new shopping mecca, the largest shopping mall in the world.
It houses more than 1.200 designer shops, international and ethnic restaurants, an indoor amusement park, an ice rink, a huge indoor waterfall, the impressive Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, cinemas and arcades.
- Burj Khalifa metro station and then a shuttle bus - Get directions
- Dom-merc 10:00-23:00, gio-sab 10:00-00:00
- Free, free admission
8 - Mall of Emirates
Skiing in the desert? In Dubai you can! In this shopping center there is ahuge indoor ski slope, cable car included, the famous Ski Dubai. An original and fun alternative to shopping days!
- Al Barsha area. By car, taxi, metro (Mall of Emirates station at 1st p. Of the center) and by bus (Big Bus Company) - Get directions
- Sun-Wed from 10:00 to 00:00, Thu-Sat from 10:00 to 1:00
9 - Water parks
Fun guaranteed with swimming pools, slides and attractions suitable for everyone, not to be missed are the Wild Wadi WaterPark, Dolphin bay, for an experience with dolphins, andAtlantis Aquaventure The Palm.
- Wild Wadi WaterPark is on the coast, opposite the Burj Al-Arab. Dolphin Bay and Atlantis Aquaventure The Palm are on La Palma de Jumeirah and can be reached by train - Get Directions
- Wild Wadi WaterPark Sat-Wed 10.00-19.00, Thu 10.00-18.00, Fri 10.00-22.00. Dolphin Bay and Atlantis Aquaventure Mon-Sun 10.00-19.30.
- Variable prices based on the packages of the chosen attractions.
10 - Desert Safari
Dubai is full of contradictions and just go a few kilometers to find yourself in between soft stretches of sand. Venture on a quad or off-road vehicle, don't give up on one camel ride or to one dinner in a Bedouin tented camp with a show of oriental dances.
- By car, bus and off-road vehicle - Get directions
- Variable prices based on the tours and solutions chosen
Plan your stay in Dubai: flights, hotels and tours
Dubai can be affordable for all budgets and there are very affordable options to stay overnight. To be excluded is the historic and very chaotic area of the Creek. Budget travelers should prefer the exclusive Jumeirah area with its luxurious resorts. The best and most convenient solution is the Al Barsha district, behind Jumeirah Beach and served by the subway, where there are many comfortable and affordable residences.
As far as connections are concerned, VI is a widespread bus network and two recent and very fast underground lines that reach the airport. Then there is the Big Tourist Bus for those with limited time. Taxis are very cheap.
Most Interesting Articles
- maldives islands where they are when to go and what to see
- ranking of the most rude countries in the world
- top 10 mafias in the world the richest and most powerful criminal organizations
- the 15 biggest and most beautiful zoos in the world official ranking
- top 10 biggest and most beautiful zoos in europe official ranking