Pollution is a problem that haunts the world: smog, fine dust and toxic waste they prevent man from enjoying the natural beauties that are fading day after day.
But there are places in the world where living in a healthy and clean environment is a luxury that only the particularly wealthy can afford. And in some of these cities, perhaps it would be appropriate to avoid living there altogether even if you are a billionaire ...
Here is the ranking of the 10 most polluted cities in the world!
- Classification criteria
- Top 10 most polluted cities in the world
- Top 10 most polluted cities in Europe
- Top 10 Most Polluted Cities in Africa
- Top 10 Most Polluted Cities in South America
- Top 7 Most Polluted Cities in Central America
- Top 10 Most Polluted Cities in North America
- Top 10 Most Polluted Cities in Asia
- Top 10 Most Polluted Cities in Oceania
- User questions and comments
The ranking is based on the data collected by Numbeo on the Pollution Index. The value is the result of the following pollution indices:
- Air quality
- Access to drinking water
- Water pollution
- Waste management
- Public perception of cleanliness and order
- Sound and light pollution at night
- Presence of public green
- Degree of discomfort in experiencing the city due to pollution
The Pollution Index, however, attributes greater weight to the items concerning air and water pollution and less to other indices such as noise pollution and the degree of discomfort of the population.