La Italian nightlife it is famous all over the world and has nothing to envy to as many famous resorts such as Ibiza or Mykonos. Where do you have to go to find the most exclusive clubs and the most carefree nightlife? If your intent is to have fun to the fullest in the most lively neighborhoods and in the most fashionable clubs, here is a guide that collects the 10 best Italian destinations for nightlife.
Romagna is a must, a welcoming land always full of attractions for all tastes, as well as Jesolo, the nerve center of Venetian nightlife. Find out with us where you can go wild!
- Calabria - Coast of the Gods
- Sardinia - Riviera del Corallo
- Adriatic coast
- Apulia - Salento
- User questions and comments
10 - Calabria - Coast of the Gods
- Type of nightlife: Party on the beach
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Tropea, Capo Vaticano and Scilla
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Zeus, Punta Cana, Macrì
This area of Calabria, overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, is one very fashionable destination, especially among young people. This stretch of Calabrian coast offers affordable accommodation, including campsites which, in the low season, can offer rates starting at just 5 Euros! In addition to the fantastic views of the sea, the white or rocky beaches, the crystal clear sea, there is a lot of fun. At the beaches of Tropea, Capo Vaticano and Scilla, locals abound, for example the very popular Zeus, the Punta Cana nightclub and, for those looking for something more peaceful and relaxing but at the same time lively, the Macrì, Madison and Coiba cocktail bars.
9 - Ischia
- Type of nightlife: outdoor parties, live music, street parties
- Top 3 nightlife districts: area of the Riva Destra, Ischia Porto, common Ischia
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Calise bar (aperitif), Dioniso pub, Jane disco
The Campania island of Ischia has gained the reputation of being one of the capital of nightlife not only local but national. It is a splendid island, reached by thousands of young people who, every evening, attend the area of the Riva Destra and the center of Ischia Porto. The feeling is that of a large and endless outdoor party. Live music shows are often organized but, in general, there is never a shortage of opportunities to let loose and have fun. There are also many discos and clubs for all tastes. Traditional is the aperitif, to be enjoyed at a historic place in Ischia, the Calise bar. Alternatively, you can choose the Dionisio pub or the Friends Club, as well as the Valentino, the Exstasy or the famous Jane nightclub.
8 - Sardinia - Riviera del Corallo
- Type of nightlife: dinner and after dinner in the clubs, disco, clubs
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Alghero center, Alghero Riviera del Corallo, San Teodoro
- Top 3 places not to be missed: La Siesta and Il Ruscello discos, Ambra Night
This splendid Italian region, made up of millenary traditions and paradisiacal beaches, is not just exclusive resorts and Costa Smeralda. If you want to find the best low-cost nightlife you have to focus on towns like Alghero and San Teodoro, which are certainly within the reach of young tourists. In Alghero you will find the beautiful Riviera del Corallo with the famous Mugoni, Lazzaretto, Le Bombarde and Cala dell'Argentiera beaches. Here there are many places that offer the opportunity to have a drink but also enjoy delicious mixed fried foods. The most active discos in the area are La Siesta and Il Ruscello. In San Teodoro the most famous discos are Ambra Night and La Luna Glam Club.
7 - Jesolo
- Type of nightlife: disco, beach party, street party
- Top 3 nightlife districts: seafront of the stars, Faro beach, Lido di Jesolo
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Muretto, Café del mar, Vanilla Club
It is a place that, in the summer, is almost besieged by young people from all over the Veneto region and beyond. The city is truly full of nightclubs as well very popular clubs. The famous Muretto is now a historic place, even the Café del mar is enjoying some success also because it offers free admission. The entertainment at this seaside resort is not limited to night hours, it is also present one of the largest water parks in Italy, the very popular Aqualandia.
6 - Riviera Romagnola
- Type of nightlife: disco, beach party
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Riccione seafront, Piazza Cavour in Rimini, Viale Matteotti in Milano Marittima
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Peter Pan, Cocoricò, Pineta
How to talk about fun without mentioning the Riviera Romagnola? Always considered true homeland of Italian nightlife, both in summer and in winter, Romagna hosts places such as Rimini, Riccione and Milano Marittima, important seaside resorts with famous discos and clubs not only in Italy but also in Europe. In Romagna there are the Peter Pan, the Cocoricò and the Byblos Club, where evenings with international DJ sets are organized, theme party and much more. Hospitality on the Romagna Riviera is an institution, which is why it is easy to find accommodation at very competitive prices.
5 - Puglia - Salento
- Type of nightlife: Party on the beach
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Green Bay, Otranto, Lecce
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Zen, Samsara Beach, Bahia Beach Club
We are going to talk about a place, Salento, which has gained more and more trust among young travelers, not only for its fabulous beaches, but also for a growing nightlife which has been developing in recent years. In particular, to report is the area of Baia Verde, where there are lidos that organize parties and DJ sets directly on the beach. Some of these are, for example, Zen or the famous Samsara Beach, a real outdoor disco that allows you to go wild until dawn. Among the discos we point out the Riobò, which organizes fantastic events with admission for only 15 Euros. Another very active area is that of Otranto, where you will find the Bahia Beach club or the Fuorirotta beach.
4 - Venice
- Type of nightlife: disco, clubs, street party
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Erbaria, Fondamenta Misericordia, Santa Margherita
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Molocinque, Aurora Beach Club, Skyline Bar
At the top of this ranking we find some of the most important Italian cities. The first, which ranks fourth, is Venice. The buildings in the center are not only an attraction for tourists but also reserve pleasant surprises for young people looking for fun. We can mention, for example, the Molocinque, a place based in an old theater, which became a disco in 1999. The atmosphere is chic but the place is not pretentious. Another noteworthy summer club is the Aurora Beach Club, a disco on the beach who takes advantage of the summer atmosphere to organize mind-boggling parties. At the Skyline Bar it is possible to delight in the house cocktails while admiring the panorama of the city.
3 - Rome
- Type of nightlife: dinner and after dinner on the premises, discotheque, undeground club
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Pigneto, San Lorenzo, Ostiense
- Top 3 places not to be missed: La Maison, Gilda, Opengate Club
Our capital could not miss in this ranking, famous for its nightlife, sometimes even a bit annoying. If you are looking for a very chic French atmosphere you must go to La Maison, a place where you dance to the rhythm of the best hits, also frequented by international models and young business people. The dress code is, of course, very strict. The Gilda is another of the most famous clubs in Rome, known since the eighties, is today frequented by footballers and celebrities of sport and entertainment.
2 - Florence
- Type of nightlife: renowned clubs, street parties, hot clubs
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Oltrarno, Santo Spirito, Santa Croce
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Dolce Vita, Moyo, Joyce pub
Florence also has the reputation of being a true center of entertainment! The Dolce Vita restaurant welcomes its customers in a small but full of prominent personalities of the city social life. At the venue there is also an art gallery that hosts various exhibitions throughout the year. In summer, a cozy terrace allows you to sip your drink outdoors. Even in the area near Piazza Santa Croce it is possible to find a place like Moyo, a very suggestive environment with an informal and relaxed atmosphere.
1 - Milan
- Type of nightlife: aperitif bars, night clubs, street parties, hot clubs
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Corso Como, Corso Sempione, Columns of San Lorenzo
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Old Fashion, Alcatraz, Hollywood
The first place in this ranking could only be assigned to city of nightlife par excellence, Milan. From the time of the aperitif, the most popular neighborhoods are full of young and old who do not want to miss an opportunity for fun, relaxation and socialization. Corso Como and Corso Sempione are, for example, two very fashionable areas for the ritual of the aperitif. Also around the Columns of San Lorenzo, including Via Torino and obviously Piazza Duomo, are key areas of the Milanese nightlife. To name just a few of the many Milanese clubs, we can mention Old Fashion, inside the Sempione Park, but also the Alcatraz which is not only a disco but also a venue for concerts of international bands.