Where is there more nightlife in Italy?
Italian nightlife is famous all over the world and has nothing to envy to so many famous resorts like Ibiza or Mykonos. Where do you have to go to find the most exclusive discos and the most casual nightlife? If your intention is to have the most fun in the liveliest neighborhoods and the trendiest clubs, here is a guide that compiles 10 of the best Italian nightlife destinations.
Romagna is a must, a welcoming land always full of attractions for all tastes, as well as Jesolo, the nerve center of Venetian nightlife. Find out with us where you can go crazy!
- Calabria - Coast of the Gods
- Sardinia - Riviera del Corallo
- Adriatic coast
- Apulia - Salento
10 - Calabria - Coast of the Gods
- Type of nightlife: Beach Party
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Tropea, Capo Vaticano and Scilla
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Zeus, Punta Cana, Macrì
This area of Calabria, overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, is a very fashionable destination, especially among young people. This stretch of the Calabrian coast offers affordable accommodation, including campsites that, in low season, can offer rates starting at just €5. In addition to the fantastic sea views, the white or rocky beaches, the crystal clear sea, there is plenty of fun to be had. On the beaches of Tropea, Capo Vaticano and Scilla, locals abound, for example the very popular Zeus, the disco Punta Cana and, for those looking for something quieter and relaxing but at the same time lively, the cocktail bars Macrì, Madison and Coiba.
9 - Ischia
- Type of nightlife: open-air parties, live music, street parties.
- Top 3 nightlife districts: area of Riva Destra, Ischia Porto, Ischia comune
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Bar Calise (aperitivo), pub Dioniso, discotheque Jane
The Campania island of Ischia has earned the reputation of being one of the capitals of nightlife not only locally but nationally. It is a splendid island, which is visited by thousands of young people who, every night, attend the area of Riva Destra and the center of Ischia Porto. The feeling is that of a great open-air party without end. Live music shows are often organized but, in general, there is never a lack of opportunities to let loose and have fun. There are also many discos and clubs to suit all tastes. Traditional is the aperitivo, which can be enjoyed in a historical place of Ischia, the Calise bar. Alternatively, you can choose the pub Dionisio or the Friends Club, as well as the Valentino, the Exstasy or the famous nightclub Jane.
8 - Sardinia - Riviera del Corallo
- Type of nightlife: dinner and after dinner in the clubs, discotheque, clubs.
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Alghero Center, Alghero Riviera del Corallo, San Teodoro
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Discotheques La Siesta and Il Ruscello, Ambra Night
This splendid Italian region, made up of millenary traditions and paradisiacal beaches, is not only exclusive resorts and the Costa Smeralda. If you want to find the best low cost nightlife you have to focus on towns like Alghero and San Teodoro, which are certainly within reach of young tourists. In Alghero you will find the beautiful Riviera del Corallo with the famous beaches of Mugoni, Lazzaretto, Le Bombarde and Cala dell'Argentiera. Here there are many places that offer the opportunity to have a drink but also enjoy delicious fries. The most active discos in the area are La Siesta and Il Ruscello. In San Teodoro the most famous discos are Ambra Night and La Luna Glam Club.
7 - Jesolo
- Type of nightlife: discotheque, beach party, street party.
- Top 3 nightlife districts: promenade of the stars, Faro beach, Lido di Jesolo
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Muretto, Café del mar, Vanilla Club
It is a place that, in summer, is almost besieged by young people from all over the Veneto region and beyond. The city is also full of discotheques. very popular clubs. The famous Muretto is now a historic place, even the Café del mar is enjoying some success also because it offers free admission. The entertainment in this seaside resort is not limited to the evening hours, there is also present one of the largest water parks in Italy, the very popular Aqualandia.
6 - Riviera Romagnola
- Type of nightlife: disco, beach partying
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Riccione seafront promenade, Piazza Cavour in Rimini, Viale Matteotti in Milano Marittima
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Peter Pan, Cocoricò, Pineta
How can we talk about fun without mentioning the Riviera Romagna? Always considered the true homeland of Italian nightlife, both in summer and winter, Romagna is home to places like Rimini, Riccione and Milano Marittima, important seaside resorts with discos and clubs famous not only in Italy but also in Europe. In Romagna you can find Peter Pan, Cocoricò and Byblos Club, where evenings with international DJ sets, theme parties and much more are organized. The hospitality industry in the Riviera Romagna is an institution, so it is easy to find accommodation at very competitive prices.
5 - Apulia - Salento
- Type of nightlife: Beach Party
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Green Bay, Otranto, Lecce
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Zen, Samsara Beach, Bahia Beach Club
Let's talk about a place, Salento, which has gained more and more confidence among young travelers, not only for its fabulous beaches, but also for a growing nightlife that has been developing in recent years. In particular, to report is the area of Baia Verde, where there are lidos that organize parties and DJ sessions directly on the beach. Some of them are, for example, Zen or the famous Samsara Beach, a real open-air disco that allows you to go crazy until dawn. Among the discotheques we mention the Riobò, which organizes fantastic events with entrance for only 15 euros. Another very active area is Otranto, where you will find the Bahia Beach club or the Fuorirotta beach.
4 - Venice
- Type of nightlife: discotheque, nightclubs, street partying
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Erbaria, Fondamenta Misericordia, Santa Margherita
- Top 3 places not to miss: Molocinque, Aurora Beach Club, Skyline Bar
At the top of this ranking we find some of the most important Italian cities. The first, coming in fourth place, is Venice. The buildings in the center are not only an attraction for tourists but also reserve pleasant surprises for young people looking for fun. We can mention, for example, the Molocinque, a place that is based in a former theater, which was converted into a discotheque in 1999. The atmosphere is chic but the place is not pretentious. Another notable summer club is the Aurora Beach Club, a discotheque on the beach that takes advantage of the summer atmosphere to organize dizzying parties. At the Skyline Bar it is possible to enjoy the house cocktails while admiring the panorama of the city.
3 - Rome
- Type of nightlife: dinner and after-dinner on the premises, disco, subway club.
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Pigneto, San Lorenzo, Ostiense
- The 3 best places not to be missed: La Maison, Gilda, Opengate Club
Our capital could not miss in this ranking, famous for its nightlife, sometimes even a bit annoying. If you are looking for a very chic French atmosphere you must go to La Maison, a place where you dance to the rhythm of the best hits, also frequented by international models and young entrepreneurs. The dress code is, of course, very strict. La Gilda is another of the most famous clubs in Rome, known since the eighties, is today frequented by footballers and celebrities of sport and entertainment.
2 - Florence
- Type of nightlife: renowned clubs, street parties, hot clubs.
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Oltrarno, Santo Spirito, Santa Croce
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Dolce Vita, Moyo, pub Joyce
Florence also has a reputation for being a real entertainment hub! The Dolce Vita restaurant welcomes its customers in a small but full of prominent personalities of the city's social life. On site there is also an art gallery that hosts various exhibitions throughout the year. In summer, a cozy terrace allows you to have a drink in the open air. Even in the area near Piazza Santa Croce it is possible to find a place like Moyo, a very suggestive environment with an informal and relaxed atmosphere.
1 - Milan
- Type of nightlife: snack bars, nightclubs, street parties, hot clubs
- Top 3 nightlife districts: Corso Como, Corso Sempione, Columns of San Lorenzo
- Top 3 places not to be missed: Old Fashion, Alcatraz, Hollywood
The first place in this ranking could only be assigned to the city of nightlife par excellence, Milan. As you can see, Milan is the best place in Italy to go out partying. From the moment of the aperitif, the most popular districts are full of young and old who do not want to miss an opportunity for fun, relaxation and socializing. Corso Como and Corso Sempione are, for example, two very fashionable spaces for the aperitivo ritual. Also around the Columns of San Lorenzo, including Via Torino and, obviously, Piazza Duomo, are key areas of Milanese nightlife. To mention just a few of the many Milanese clubs, we can mention Pasado de moda, inside Sempione Park, but also the Alcatraz which is not only a discotheque but also a venue for concerts of international bands.